[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - Event attendance - PLEASE READ

Event attendance - PLEASE READ

To discuss everything and anything, not necessarily about's RS. Abusive post's will NOT be tolerated and will be removed without warning. Keep it clean folk's.

Event attendance - PLEASE READ

Postby Mel D » Tue May 13, 2014 12:01 pm

Hi all,

You will notice that Stu (Events Co-ordinator) will put up Roll Call posts for upcoming shows and events, approximately one week before.

It is important that you check the website and reply to these posts if you are booked for a stand or event to confirm you attendance. We have to book stands at these shows with fixed numbers of attendees so that we can be allocated the appropriate space on arrival. There will not always be a Committee member at every show so for those attending it gives a definitive list of who to expect to turn up. It is not ideal to expect 10 folk and only have half turn up on the day, there may be other clubs with additional cars who could use the space, we also like to make some effort to lay our stand out sensibly :D

The Roll Call post can also be used to organise meet-ups for travel etc.

I understand that circumstances and plans change and sometimes the car refuses to make it to a show :o (that never ever happens with Fords.........oh that's right, it does :roll: ) however a quick update of the post or a text or phone call would be appreciated by whoever is attending the event or setting up the stand etc.

Most folk can contact someone however my number is 07917331358 should anyone need it. I won't personally make every event and show that's organised but by all means drop me a text if plans change last minute and I can pass the information on.

I know this post is getting boring lol but also remember that if you are attending an event you think may be of interest to others in the Club then post it up in Events or Track Events, you might be wrong it may be of no interest to anyone :lol: but you never know, the more the merrier :D

Thanks for reading,

Mel
Mel D

Re: Event attendance - PLEASE READ

Postby andy-mac » Tue May 13, 2014 2:28 pm

Well said Mel. We would not be happy if club's book up for
Kames and did not turn up :(
andy-mac
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Stu/RS » Tue May 13, 2014 4:36 pm

Totally agree Mel and Andy.

Sunday was a total embarrassment for the club, and space for 10 cars which could have been put to use by others.
I have contacted the organisers with a humble apology.
Too many or too little is expected; none at all is unacceptable IMO, especially as nobody said they weren't going.

Folks need to remember, it's not just a benefit for the group, but also somewhere safe for your pride and joy throughout the day, instead of a carpark or a field.
"IF YOU WEREN'T THERE, YOU WONT UNDERSTAND"
Stu/RS
Group Official
Group Official

Postby DALSY » Tue May 13, 2014 5:30 pm

Embarrassing!!!!!!!!, don't apologies on my behalf. I took a holiday to make the show. , but underestimated how tired I would be after doing a very busy 12 hour nightshift , and decided not to go

My only failing is not contacting Mel in the morning before going to bed for some well needed rest. , but did send a text to Mel to apologise to her as I felt bad for not going

I look forward to Knockhill this weekend on track ,representing the group
DALSY
Committee
Committee

Postby Stu/RS » Tue May 13, 2014 7:01 pm

"IF YOU WEREN'T THERE, YOU WONT UNDERSTAND"
Stu/RS
Group Official
Group Official

Postby Mel D » Tue May 13, 2014 7:17 pm

A. I didn't put this post up to upset anyone :D

B. Dalsy did indeed send me a text yesterday and apologised for not sending a wee text on Sunday, although wasn't on the list lol

C. There were other people on the list who I haven't heard from at all

D. Eddie was on his way but unfortunately broke down

E. My car was meant to be on stand but wasn't roadworthy so we were already down on numbers

F. It was a bit embarrasing but I was more concerned that I hadn't heard from anyone

G. I still enjoyed myself :D It was a good show. My post was just put up as a reminder to everyone to consider the organisation of these events and so that we can manage attendance better in the future :D
Mel D

Postby cootsie » Fri May 16, 2014 11:14 pm

Sorry but iwill have pull out of Knockhill on sunday. My new baby is now on SCBU in Elgin Hospital.
cootsie
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Mel D » Sat May 17, 2014 8:11 pm

Mel D

Postby Kevin_Mc » Sun May 18, 2014 11:59 am

Kevin_Mc
Club Member
Club Member

Return to General Discussion