[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - AGM Update - Please Read

AGM Update - Please Read

To discuss everything and anything, not necessarily about's RS. Abusive post's will NOT be tolerated and will be removed without warning. Keep it clean folk's.

Re: AGM Update - Please Read

Postby boeb » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:11 pm

Hahaha keep on laughing
boeb
Club Member
Club Member

Postby cootsie » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:21 pm

Thanks for war and peace Mel.:soapbox:

Some of what you say is rather insulting but i will get over it. Yes i have moved to Aberdeenshire but I did want to stay part of the WOS. That was my choice but maybe i was foolish.

Anyway i have met many friends on the way and maybe when WOS make an appearance further up than Knockhill i will bump in to them again.

I will close the door when i leave...

:salute:
cootsie
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Mel D » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:40 pm

Mel D

Postby gibby » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:05 am

Av just read thru this whole post and IMO for what it's worth I think the rules need to be maybe re looked at and considered getting relaxed a little or there won't be a club

Graham( Cootsie) altho as stupid is this May sound is one of the only member of the of this RSOC Who actually has an RS and has supported the club up and down the country including England and Wales shows and made it what it is today

I know times change and the club has turned more track oriented over the years and far from a ford club never mind an RS club so if there has to be a future as an RS club think it needs to caiter for everybody and defo re assess the rules my opinion it's up to the committee

Cheers Gibby
gibby
Club Member
Club Member

Postby ChristopheRS » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:57 pm

[quote="gibby"]Av just read thru this whole post and IMO for what it's worth I think the rules need to be maybe re looked at and considered getting relaxed a little or there won't be a club

Not having a dig at you Gibby - But just after I joined the Club you were made Chairman (And I personally thought you did a great job - with your admiration & knowledge of the RS cars & full RS scene)

IMO It's people like yourself that the club needs more of - Yet you have not managed a Meetnights for over 2 years.

Unfortunately I Sold my Cosworth a year past September (will def be getting another one at some point)

I still attended 10 Meetnights / Cumbria to Take in the show / Croft on track / National day on track / Ford live on track / Kames on track This year.
Also recently renewed my RSOC membership for another 3years (Which is not FREE)

IMO Club will ALWAYS exist if it's organised events are attended by people - Who not only own but have an interest in RS cars ?

CheeRS
Chris
ImageImage
ChristopheRS
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Mel D » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:59 pm

Mel D

Postby cootsie » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:42 pm

Mel
Since 2008 i have appeared at the following shows so just wind ye neck in.
Croft 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
Cumbria 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
Evan Halshaw special event 2010
Kames, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
Paxton house 2009
WOS photshoot 2010
Cars and Rides 2009
Knockhill 2011, 2012, 2013,
Teeside Autodrome North Yorks 2011
Anglesey 2011 Only 2 cars (Gibby and I)

NON WOS show
Alford 2013
Fraserburgh 2014

I'm simply saying with the new rules I will not be a member as i will no longer be going to 3 or more WOS shows. I am not having a dig at anybody and you are reading too much in to what I said. You are assuming quite a lot and would suggest you don't assume anything. As far as i know i have never spoken to you personally and if i have i don't remember it.
cootsie
Club Member
Club Member

Postby gibby » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:00 pm

Mel hope that never cam across as a dig from me as wasn't ment as that at all

And there's no need for you to keep explaining yourself your doing a great job as chairwoman and can see with your posts your only trying to keep pushing the club forward and can also see why rules need put in place and end of the day it's just the same rules that's been in place for years so clearly worked

Just think with Facebook and the cars being rarer now and everybody having reason of there own the club is quieter

But sure the committee will make it another successful year
gibby
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Mel D » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:24 pm

Mel D

Postby Mel D » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:59 pm

Mel D

Postby cootsie » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:01 pm

cootsie
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Mel D » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:55 pm

Hi Cootsie,

Apologies if you thought I was just ranting but I found your comments to be critical and offensive from the point of view of being the chairperson and putting in a lot of effort to keep this club together at the moment. I wasn't looking for a fight just replying but if that's your opinion that's fine. You have your membership status, along with eneryone else, for the calendar year 2015 anyway.

With regard to the RSOC the WOS is still an RSOC affiliated regional group. The decision was made (previous to me being chairperson) in 2013 to try a new format for the Kames show as the club was struggling to break even on the day. In the last few years any support from other RSOC groups at Kames has come from North England rather than the other Scottish groups (apart from maybe one or two individuals).
I must add though that this year I did formally invite all the Scottish and North England groups to attend if able, although we didn't see any other groups the club is forming a better relationship with a couple of the other groups which I want to work on. We did get a formal invite to Alford this year though we weren't able to attend as a club.
The old format of the show, as an RSOC official show, meant we had to pay considerable insurance fees to the RSOC which meant we risked actually being in debt on the day. The new, non-RSOC format has allowed us to operate the show along with EACC on their insurance etc. and we split all costs and profits on the day. This made a difference of over £1000 in the last two years to us. Unfortunately it means we cannot do RSOC concours on the day but we can't really do it justice given the minimal RS attendance anyway. By diversifying the show we increased the viability and attracted other show and track cars with less financial risk.
I understand this isn't everyone's ideal, and it will affect the attraction for other RSOC groups, but it was necessary.
Hope that explains.

Mel
Mel D

Postby cootsie » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:20 pm

That explians it perfectly Mel.

Thankyou
cootsie
Club Member
Club Member

Postby JamboRS » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:56 am

I say you just arrange a rolling road day at ava since we're all friends again lol
JamboRS

Postby pernickety » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:44 am

has a wos RSOC affiliated show ever made a loss that would require the format to be changed?
pernickety
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Mel D » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:43 pm

Mel D

Postby Mel D » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:59 pm

Mel D

Previous

Return to General Discussion