[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - Possible theft attempt?

Possible theft attempt?

To discuss everything and anything, not necessarily about's RS. Abusive post's will NOT be tolerated and will be removed without warning. Keep it clean folk's.

Possible theft attempt?

Postby Adam-M » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:22 pm

Dunno if I'm just being paranoid or over thinking.

Anyway stayed at my girlfriends in Glasgow last night and decided to take the saff as I'm fed up driving the fiesta. Anyway went out this morning to head home and everything (seemed) fine. Stopped at my mates house on the way home in Ayrshire and was out his back garden the whole time and at the side of his house.

Went out to the sierra approx 3 hours later and I noticed my bonnet was popped up to the first latch as if the lever was pulled from inside, then I shut it and went to open my drivers door and the handle was just flapping loose. It was fine when I went in this morning but now it's not??? I haven't opened the bonnet in 3 days and would of defo shut it right. I'm not sure if I'm being parra or has some silly fooker tried to rob it?

It has loads of security and no-one got inside the car.

Thanks
Adam-M

Re: Possible theft attempt?

Postby Mel D » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:13 pm

Not good :( where abouts in Ayrshire? It does sound like someone has had a go at the handle but not sure you could pop the bonnet without getting inside the car, would depend on the cable routeing if you could reach it from underneath
Mel D

Postby Adam-M » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:04 pm

East Ayrshire Mel near Galston. I was convinced it happend at my mrs flat as it's not far from rutherglen so not exactly the nicest of places but she's convinced the bonnet was down. Plus the handle opened the door fine.

I'm not 100% sure tbh, yes it's an old car (23) so things can fail but at the same time these attract the wrong attention. I'll not be taking it again that's for sure :(
Adam-M

Postby brads » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:36 pm

Certainly sounds fishy or major coincidence
brads
Club Member
Club Member

Return to General Discussion