[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - My Fiesta project

My Fiesta project

For posting pics of your pride and joy as well as pics of your car.

My Fiesta project

Postby Adam-M » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:14 pm

Thanks for looking at my on going project. Yes its another imperial blue mk5 to add the the hundreds of other project threads quite simular. In this project im going to show how this car has came along since when i first collected it at the south of England to where it sits today in central Scotland. Im not doing anything groundbraking or that you havent seen before 100 times but i'll show it anyhow.
This is my first car and ive had it since September 2012 and is fitted with a 1.7vct.
This is what it looked like when i first collected it, tbh i fooking hated it, horrible scene wheels, seriously uncomfy bucket seats, too low for Scottish roads, bonnet bra, bonnet raisers, hideous sound system that wasnt connected and an over loud exhaust system...boy i sound old.
It was more of a show car when i got it, im now transforming it into more of a trackcar/weekend toy.
When i got it home i set about refitting the door cards, rooflining and back seats as the car was stripped out. I then removed the steel wheels, raised the coilovers and fitted black ZS phase 1 wheels. After that was complete i got GI motorsport in kilmarnock to weld in a powerflow silencer and it now sound alot better.
As you might notice from the pictures i replaced the old bump strip that was used as a splitter with a Triple R composites splitter and fitted 88 spec rs turbo recaros inplace of the buckets.
In November i went to Sitech Racing on a ZSOC rolling road day...

Car made 137bhp and 122lb ft with just a full decat, my mates stage 1 fabia vrs made 182bhp 311lb ft. I came to the conclusion that the rollers read 7bhp more than they should.
Stopped in Glasgow on way home for a Chinese Buffet...
I then got fed up looking at the black phase 1 wheels, plus the where buckled before i got them so where a pain in the ass to live with. Plus i spun out coming off a roundabout and kerbed one
So i then did a 200 mile round trip to Lochgilphead to buy a set of compomotives off a lad i bought an LSD from (More about the diff later).
On route to wheels..
When i bought the wheels i tried them on my car and decided it wasnt a match made in heaven so i made the decision to sell them on.
I then decided minute to bid on FRP cams and won them for £205. They are in my cupboard waiting to be fitted lol.
I then bought 300mm front brakes consisting of Mondeo Mk3 calipers and CRN grooved discs. I also bought an ST170 back brake conversion off of a mate after he wrote his ST170 off. My other mate with the silver mk5 van took the calipers into his work and blasted them with plastic media blast. I then painted the front and rear calipers, hubs and centre of the rear discs.
I then got a Puma back axle off my mate from a puma he striped so he could fit the engine in his van. My plan was to remove the old bushes, wire brush the axle and then paint it and fit polybushes.
Burning out the old bushes, this was p!ss easy...
Axle built up with polybushes, disc conversion and fully painted. Every axle and caliper bolt was replaced with new high tensile bolts and assembled with grease...
This is a video comparing the new Flo-Flex bushes to the old knackered ones, the previous owner told me he fitted polybushes aswell, w**ker.

Seeing if the technomagnesios fit over the un-ground brakes...

The wheels never needed spaced and calipers where completely un-ground.
This is the wheels before and after painting, i painted them myself...
The plastic 55 profile tyres where then replaced with brand new uniroyal rainsports...
Removing old axle and fitting new, did this last friday after the mintex pads arrived. Finished my work a 11:50am, went for a haircut then started on the car at 2pm, didnt stop for my dinner as everything was going so well and worked till 10pm. Didnt finish it though so finished it on Saturday.
The coilovers where removed, completely stripped, cleaned, greased and then assembled with new top mounts. The under arch carpet was also removed, cant believe how much sh!te came out with it. I then cleaned the underarches, wire brushed the brake pipes and greased them.
Fitting the st170 handbrake cable was a c*nt.
Anyhow its nearly done...
I also fitted camber shims incase you notice.
Wheels fitted and basically how the car sits just now...
[IMG]
Still have loads of parts in my cupboard to fit...
To do list...
Machine RS turbo LSD and fit MK5 ZS shorter final drive
Fit MK5 ZS longer 5th gear
Fit cone air filter
Fit intake pipe
Fit D1 spec nuts
Fit mcgard lock nuts
Fit back bumper fins
Get FRP cams fitted
Get it remapped
Fit new Lambda sensor
Fit MSD coilpack
Fit Magnecore HT leads
Buy DA polisher
Repair rusted areas
Fit strut braces
ect ect ect
I'll update it when theres some news. Its going into Sitech racing in 1 months hopefully to fit cams, map and new timing belts.
Adam-M

Re: My Fiesta project

Postby Adam-M » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:20 pm

Forgot to add ive booked my tracktime for Ford Fair in August so want the car finished by then, plenty of busy weekends ahead for me lol.
Adam-M

Postby DALSY » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:59 pm

Looking good you've put a bit of effort into the little fiesta

I've got a set of d1 nuts in black if you want to buy a set cheap I'm taking them off the focus and replacing with steel nuts
DALSY
Committee
Committee

Postby peterRST » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:37 pm

quality build there.. keep up the good work! :)

PBS Engineering Ltd - Performance Engines and Motorsport Prep.
Zetec, ZVH and xflow engine building.
PEC Engine Components. KSport Braking Systems. BC Racing Suspension.
peterRST
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Adam-M » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:19 am

Cheers for the offer Dalsy, typically I ordered a set off eBay along with locking nuts 3 days ago lol
Adam-M

Postby paul-h » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:43 pm

Looks good Adam! Liking the new wheels! Will be a cracker with the diff in it!
paul-h
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Adam-M » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:29 pm

Adam-M

Postby Stu/RS » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:09 pm

What a transformation, well done mate.

Looks miles better, but get rid of the yellow fogs ;)
"IF YOU WEREN'T THERE, YOU WONT UNDERSTAND"
Stu/RS
Group Official
Group Official

Return to Members Gallery