[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - Tidyin up my Fiesta RST Continued into 2010 now

Tidyin up my Fiesta RST Continued into 2010 now

For all your resto & rebuild Pics.

Re: Tidyin up my Fiesta RST

Postby Dereksjoint » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:56 pm

Haven't done much over the last week with the Fez but that all changed today as my work have asked us to take some Holidays due to there being no work :o I didn't really want to take any but it's better than getting my P45 and it's given me more time to spend on the Fiesta. Picked up a few more bits this week a nearly new rad, a wiper motor as mines on the way out and the Samco coolant hoses arrived.

I stripped down the back panel to get in to change the wiper motor and found more bits needing a clean so I held off fitting the motor and got the T cut back out :lol:

After I had finished cleaning the back panel it all got a bit out out hand and I ended up T cutting the full engine bay including the battery tray, inner arches and even the chassis legs :oops: My arms are now covered in scratches as I had to almost dislocated a few body parts in order to get into some of the harder to reach places :lol: Needless to say the engine bay is nice and white again 8-)

After all that I thought it would be a good idea to polish up the header tank again since it was out and easier to get at. Once I'd finished the header tank I was sick of the sight of cleaning products so decided to finally fit the wiper motor and stick it all back on and see how it looked.

Still got a few bits to put back in but it's coming along very nicely and with all this time off I have now it probably wont be far off finished by the week end :D
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Goafer » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:00 pm

looks squeeky kleen derek well done !!
Goafer
Committee
Committee

Postby turbochargedjjmclure » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:04 pm

mmmmm shiney 8-)
turbochargedjjmclure

Postby DALSY » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:39 pm

well done Derek, lookin good
DALSY
Committee
Committee

Postby AGAR » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:18 pm

Looks great after a good scrub up - nice one 8-)
AGAR

Postby Dereksjoint » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:30 pm

Cheers troops the old girls scrubbed up well. I didn't think it would ever look that clean again after I restored it but it's not far off if not a little better in some areas. Can't wait to get it back out on the road now and start getting it dirty again :lol: One things for sure it'll never look as clean as this again :lol: or will it :confused:
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Big Ian » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:09 pm

LOOKS GOOD THERE,VERY CLEAN :) ,HOW LONG DID THAT TAKE :)
back in the saddle,yeeeee,haaaaaaaaaa
Big Ian

Postby eddie_od » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:28 pm

Doing well there derek mate, looking good
eddie_od

Postby Dereksjoint » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:45 am

Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BOOGIE » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:21 pm

LOOKING GOOD DEREK :D . WILL IT BE THE FIESTA AT THE SHOWS THIS YEAR OR THE S1 COMING OUT TO?
BOOGIE

Postby Dereksjoint » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:14 pm

Cheers Kenny I'll be bringing the wee Fez back out this year buddy and the S1 is going in to get stripped and rebuilt with a big bhp engine conversion which will be fun and expensive :lol:
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Stu/RS » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:56 pm

You've been working hard Derek.
Nice and clean. Well done mate 8-)
"IF YOU WEREN'T THERE, YOU WONT UNDERSTAND"
Stu/RS
Group Official
Group Official

Postby Dereksjoint » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:34 pm

Been working on the Fiesta most of the week now and managed to put almost all of it back together again :D. Changed over my LCD air charge temperature gauge and took the old white lockwood dials off as they where closer to orange than white :lol:. I'll order some new white dials this week so I can get the dials back in place.

I know I previously said that I wasn't going to paint anything else in the engine bay but after fitting all the newly painted bits and t cutting the engine bay the bits that I hadn't touched really stood out. So I stripped them out, cleaned them up and gave them a lick of paint. I also finished fitting the rest of the coolant hoses and fitted the new rad and my old intercooler back in again. It's pretty much ready to turn over now but I'm going to wait untill we've fitted the new clutch, gearbox, cam seal and gave her a full service. Should have it bursting back to life by next weekend hopefully :D

Thats definatley the engine bays final look now defo no more painting or cleaning :lol:

I final managed to talk my big mate Jason into starting work on his Saph again after over 2 years of slagging him while it's sat on a ramp :lol:. We managed to drop the engine, gearbox and running gear of it today in a oner and I started degunking his engine bay while he stripped the engine done to do a head gasket. It was only rebuilt 15K miles ago but the high boost pressures seem to have blown the standard gasket so while the engines out he's going to take a bit of inspiration from myself and paint it up all nice 8-)

It's good to see it getting worked on again after so long as it's a lovely example and the shell is solid and quite clean for it's age.
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby brian » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:06 am

looking good derek alot of time spent in there mate

liking the stealth engine bay.
brian

Postby AGAR » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:08 pm

That engine bay looks mint Derek, the Saph looks pretty clean too.
AGAR

Postby Dereksjoint » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:35 pm

Cheers guys well happy with the look although I now want another couple of bits for in there :lol: when will it end :bomb:

Not done much over the last week as work has been really busy for a change but a few more bits arrived in the post. Managed to get down and work on the car today so thought I'd start with the new white dials which I customised a little. They looked really good when they were finished but what I was thinking about in my head didn't quite go to plan when it came to fitting them :lol: The Rev counter came out exactly as planned but when it came to the speedo and fuel dials I forgot about the plastic trim on the front section of the cluster. On top of that I stupidly ordered 140mph dials thinking they would never be 150 on a Fez but turns out I was wrong :rolleyes: I'll need to order the correct 150mph ones this week but the crap pic here will give you some idea how they will look

My new side repeaters arrived this week too so got them fitted today and eventually got round to fitting the new rear lights aswell

Old repeaters

New repeaters

Old rear leanses

New rear lenses

Thats it for now and I'm getting sent up North to work for the next 3 weeks to work but hopefully if I can get back a couple of weekends it should be ready to see the road :D
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby vroooom ptssssh » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:48 pm

Looks good Derek, keep up the good work :D
She runs again!
vroooom ptssssh

Postby DALSY » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:25 pm

lookin well dEREK, LIKING THE BACK LIGHTS , LOOOKS MUCH FRESHER
DALSY
Committee
Committee

Postby andy-mac » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:51 pm

fiesta looking good derek liking under the bonnet 8-)

good to see another saff going back on the road 8-)
andy-mac
Club Member
Club Member

Postby gibby » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:41 pm

looks the part mate ,

engine bay looks really good too

cant be far away from the road now
gibby
Club Member
Club Member

PreviousNext