[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - Tidyin up my Fiesta RST Continued into 2010 now

Tidyin up my Fiesta RST Continued into 2010 now

For all your resto & rebuild Pics.

Tidyin up my Fiesta RST Continued into 2010 now

Postby Dereksjoint » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:35 pm

Most of you who have been around the Wos Group for a while now will know my little Fiesta Turbo, it's been around the RS scene
for a few years now however the passage of time is not being kind to her :( . What was once a very tidy wee car has slipped
far below my ussual buftying standards. For those of you who don't know the car I restored it about 2 and a bit years ago and
have covered about 14k miles since. I used the car right up untill February this year then put it off the road as I awaited the
funds to buy my Series 1. A friend of mine let me store the Fez in his garage so I could sort out some of the body work and
interior and there it has stayed almost abandond untill today :lol:.

Lets start with some piccys, this has been it's home for the last few months

Thats my big mate Jason's 4x4 Saph above the Fez, it's been recieving an underside restore going on 2 and a bit years now :lol:
He started it not long after he finished restoring my Fiesta but as it never gets touched as he's allways to busy working on
customers cars :o .

He promises that it will see the road next year but he did say that last year and the year before come to think :lol:

This is how the front bumper looks at the moment after my neighbours daughter decided to try parking for the first time :evil:
She cracked the glass on one of my front fogs too but it's a bit of blessing as the front end had a good few stone chips and
the bonnet was also due to be repaired and resprayed too due to my tubular manifold melting the paint :shock:

I stripped all the interior out many months ago to check the floor after the door seals went last winter and so I could clean
the carpet and seats again :oops: . I've gave all the panels a good t-cut to remove the mountain of tar spots and just to
bring the paint back up fresh again.

The floor looked better than I thought to be honest as it had sat with a small puddle in each front foot wells for a month or so
but there were signs of surface rust appearing half way up each door line

The floors cleaned up really well although I did find a hole about the size of a 50p at the bottom of the drivers side wheel arch
in the foot well. We'll get that welded up though and give it a wee spray along with the bits half way up the doors 8-)

The rear foot wells and door checks came up lovely so once that wee bit of weldings done and it's painted the freshly cleaned
carpet and interior can go back in again.

Once the front bumper and bonnet have both been repaired and sprayed she should look like new on the outside once again
Then it's just the engine bay to tidy up and remove the Tubular manifold so I can send it for a proper ceramic coating 8-)
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Tidyin up my Fiesta RST

Postby Dereksjoint » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:47 pm

Pulled a sicky from work today and decided to spend a bit of time on the old Fez again after Saturdays burst

Scrubed the rear inner arches within an inch of there life to remove all the tar spots and general road crap and they came up a treat.

It'll all be worth while when she's back all shiney and new lookin again then I'll prob start on the S1 lol
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby mikeymikeyp » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:51 pm

thats a nice wee car ,,you fixed yer s1
mikeymikeyp
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Dereksjoint » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:13 pm

Not yet mikey my good mate Stevie (oldskoolfordsrule) has the S1 at the moment doing wonderfull things. It's back up and running nicley just waiting on a new Dizzy coming then I can bring her home.

What little free time I've had I've been putting into getting my Fez back to it's former Glory 8-)

This is it after it was restored 2 and a bit years ago and I'm hoping to get her back to a very similar look when I'm finished
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SHIFTY » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:59 pm

She's a wee cracker mate, hope to see it oot and aboot again soon :D 8-)
SHIFTY

Postby Peachy » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:13 pm

Take it thats a T3 on her?

Sweet we car, my mates doing a Grey one at the moment but keeping it standard looking apart from 17's :D

Keep up the good work ;)
12.9sec 1/4 on a slippy clutch!

Image Image Image
Peachy

Postby Dereksjoint » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:09 pm

It is a T3 on her peachy, done the convertion during my main restore as they're cheaper to replace when they break and more power available over the T2 8-)

Been busy over the last few weeks getting more done on the Fez and buying new bits and bobs. Thought it was about time I updated my thread so we'll start where I left off, with the body and floor all sorted I started tidying up the engine bay which I must admit I wasn't looking forward too as it hasn't had a good clean in a while.

First job was too remove my Tubular manifold so I can send it off for a bit of Ceramic Coating so I stripped the front end off the car which helped massively when it came to cleaning in there too ;)

Once the tubular came off I set about the engine bay with a large tin of degunk and t-cut
and it came up really well after a lot of scrubbing and polishing 8-)

When I tried to put the Standard manifold on again I snapped 2 of the exhaust studs in the head :evil:
I ordered 8 new exhaust studs and nuts from Burton last week and luckily they arrived this morning so I
put the manifold and T3 back on today and got the front end built back up again 8-)

Replaced the old multi coloured HT leads for a nice set of Blue Motorsport kiddies from Burton

While I was working in the engine bay my mate came down and gave me a hand by cleaning my interior.
He wash and shampoo'd the carpet, seats and door cards and we managed to get some of it back in
after it had dried

I clean my interior every 12months or so with either a rug doctor or this time a vax but it never stops amazing me
the amount of dirt that comes out of what looks like a clean bit :shock:

Nearly there now with the car, I reckon another couple of Saturdays at it and she'll be going for a MOT
some TAX then a trip to AVA to get setup with my new Stage 1 collins chip :D

Then I'll start the S1 8-)
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby peterRST » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:48 pm

hi derek, just out of interest who made your tubular manifold? seen them on a couple of cars but could never find out where they're made :)

PBS Engineering Ltd - Performance Engines and Motorsport Prep.
Zetec, ZVH and xflow engine building.
PEC Engine Components. KSport Braking Systems. BC Racing Suspension.
peterRST
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Dereksjoint » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:57 pm

They were made by AVA in Glasgow, they made either 4 or 5 of them a few years back ;)

I approached Alan at AVA to have one made but he was not interested, luckily I found this one for sale on Passion Ford a couple of years back. I know of 2 others that are still about one just recently changed hands the other is brand spanking new never used and both are in Scotland 8-)
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SHIFTY » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:56 pm

Nice 1 Del boy! 8-)
Will be good to see the wee fez oot again! 8-)
SHIFTY

Postby mikeymikeyp » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:31 pm

you got a 4 branch and a tubular manifold there derek j
mikeymikeyp
Club Member
Club Member

Postby peterRST » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:38 pm

cool cool, do you reckon they make a marked improvement? you wouldn't happen to know if any of them would be for sale by any chance? :)

peterRST
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Dereksjoint » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:17 pm

They do make a marked improvement Peter but you need to be running a big spec, big power engine which I wasn't but it'll go well with the planned 2.1 ZVH I'm putting in my S1.

I doubt you'll find an AVA manifold for sale as only 4 or 5 where ever made and I know that 3 of them are in happy homes. Jamsport and AREA 6 both do Manifolds too although the AREA 6 one is super strange looking 8-)
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby peterRST » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:24 pm

cheers for the info derek, I seen one a while ago, think they go on with no mods?? I think the area 6 manifolds put the turbo over the gearbox? if you're looking for a set of forged piston for your zetec block, I've got a set in the 'for sale' section? :)
Last edited by peterRST on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

peterRST
Club Member
Club Member

Postby shalon » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:57 am

do u have any info on that exhaust manifold is it for sale :D
shalon

Postby Dereksjoint » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:00 pm

Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby peterRST » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:26 pm

yeh buddy that was me... hadn't been on t'internet for a while before I'd realised the old site had moved lol . . . doh! :lol:

peterRST
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Dereksjoint » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:08 pm

Thought I'd update ma thread since I ain't posted up in months :lol: a mix of working away, my mates garage being closed weekends I was home and me not making my mind up what I'm putting in the car. Managed to get myself focused again though and making good progress all be it a bit 2 steps forward 1 step back :oops: Sorry about the crap quality pics, been talking about getting a new digi camera for months still not bothered.

After much polishing I got the full interior sparkling and put back in in place. Replaced both door seals, the sun roof seal and the boot seal and managed to pick up a mint roof lining so fitted that and tossed the old one. Fitted new black studs to the outside of the rear pop out windows too as the old ones where starting to rust.

Finally got round to changing the front pads after buying them 12 month ago :oops: gave the calipers, shocks, springs and alloys a good clean too while I was at it.

Fitted some new mud flaps on the rear as the old ones where looking a bit knackered

I'm going to strip the front end back down again as I heat wrapped a new exhaust manifold for it and I'm picking up a new rad for it too. I still need to pick up 2 new wish bones as the not so old poly ones are well gubbed and there is no danger I'm spending 140 notes on bushes that last less than a year on our crap roads. Hopefully have the car back on the road for March although I might hold off till April to tax it.
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby AGAR » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:41 am

Looking really tidy Derek - slowly but surely it'll be done, keep at it! 8-)
AGAR

Postby SHIFTY » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:12 pm

Nice 1 Derek! she's a wee stunna 8-)
SHIFTY

Next

Return to Restorations & Rebuilds