[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - Tidyin up my Fiesta RST Continued into 2010 now

Tidyin up my Fiesta RST Continued into 2010 now

For all your resto & rebuild Pics.

Re: Tidyin up my Fiesta RST

Postby Dereksjoint » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:16 pm

Cheers Ritchard hopefully not too long now just a few more minor mods and then get it MOT'd and taxed, good timing aswell as the Insurance renewal just came in for the S1.

Spent most of last night heat wrapping a standard manifold I had lying about, what a pain in the RS that was but the final out come is quite nice. I was intending of painting it black with heat retardant paint which I bought but I'm not sure now.

Managed to pick these up off ebay during the week aswell 8-)

Just need to source a pair of 3.5 wing mirrors and I can get the front end painted again then it's off for a MOT
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Goafer » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:30 pm

feels good saying this to someone else , nearly there m8 :D

the fez will do you proud once more Derek, one question , where can i get some of that heat wrap ?
Goafer
Committee
Committee

Postby Dereksjoint » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:04 pm

I got mine from Demon Tweeks http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ ... e=NIM11151

I bought 15 foot of 1" graphite wrap but that was only enough to wrap 2 pipes :shock: so bought a second 15 foot to complete the other 2 but used almost all of that too. I could have double wrapped the middle 2 pipes which is what most people do but I think it looks far better when it looks like each one is wraped individually.

I'm going to buy a third roll to do the exhaust housing side of the turbo as my down pipe is already wrapped but if I was you I'd buy the 50 foot roll. You can hold it with jubilee clips but I bought these http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ ... =DEI010202

It's a messy time consuming job gordon wear a dust mask and gloves if you get the Graphite stuff but looks pretty sweet when done and will cut down inlet temps and under bonnet temps both when driven hard or idleing 8-)
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby stevenebm » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:43 pm

love that ava manifold 8-) cant beat a bit of heat wrapping tho as you said its unreal how much you can actually use.gona put some round my tailpipe to see if it looks any good.
4498 sold.
stevenebm

Postby Dereksjoint » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:16 am

Thanks for the comments troops, been hard at it the last few days buying more toys for the car and doing a bit of cosmetic work. I managed to pick up a Digital ACT gauge to replace my old broken one, also managed to pick up a full set of blue Samco water hoses and just about every gasket you can buy for the head and inlet manifold ect. Should also have a new rad and some better looking Recaros to next week so the spending go's on.

By way of cosmetics I decided now that the exhaust side is sorted I'd start on the inlet side. I had a spare inlet manifold at home so set about pulling it apart piece by piece. After stripping everything I left it to soak in some heavy duty cleaning fluids for 12 hours then gave it a good scrub one piece at a time. Most of it came up quite well but the brackets and throttle body were still pretty tarnished so I polished them all up with my wee dremel.

After a another good clean and rinse I masked up all the bits you don't want the paint going then gave everything a coat of Primer then painted each piece before reassembling

The end result I think looks pretty good for a novice :lol: I've not tightened anything together yet as I'm waiting on all new gaskets coming from Ford for everything. Just need to fit it to the car now which won't be untill next weekend but it looks like I'll be busy for the next few weeks with all the new bits.
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby AGAR » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:56 am

Good job Derek, pretty good for your first go too! 8-)
AGAR

Postby peterRST » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:49 am

Excellent results there with the painting Derek! looks great!

PBS Engineering Ltd - Performance Engines and Motorsport Prep.
Zetec, ZVH and xflow engine building.
PEC Engine Components. KSport Braking Systems. BC Racing Suspension.
peterRST
Club Member
Club Member

Postby DALSY » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:14 am

;lookin good Derek, wont be long now till shes all built up again
DALSY
Committee
Committee

Postby Dereksjoint » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:05 am

Cheers troops I'm keeping the momentum nicely at the moment, I ordered all the gaskets for the inlet manifold from Ford yesterday so they should be in for Friday. Decided to keep up the painting and stripped off the turbo again to heat wrap and paint both the turbo and exhaust manifold with high temp paint.

My turbo wasn't looking to good as it's a fairly old unit but it runs fine so rather than through more money at the car buying a new one I decided to clean this one up a bit. Started by stripping everything off the turbo then went over prepping all the parts with my trusty dremel :lol: .

After all the important bits where masked off I painted everything that gets super hot with a couple of cans of heat resistant paint and the rest recieved a coat of primer.

Should get the rest painted tomorow ready for reassembly on Friday when the new oil way gaskets and mainfold nuts come in
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dereksjoint » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:05 am

Finished painting the rest of the turbo bits today and managed to get it built back up when I got back from tonights meet. I cleaned a bit of the turbine housing with my Dremel and it came up like new so I sat a polished the full housing 8-) I feel i'm starting to takes this cleaning up a bit too far now :oops: :lol:

Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby gibby » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:07 am

youve got some motavation mate , just home and back to fix the fiesta .

will be back on the road in no time at this rate mate :D
gibby
Club Member
Club Member

Postby AGAR » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:09 pm

Good job on the turbo - even better than i'd imagined 8-) Whats next then?
AGAR

Postby Dereksjoint » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:39 pm

Had another quite day at work today so went down and stripped the fuel rail and regulator off the Fez.I've started to prep them both for a coat of paint and I cleaned up my samco boost hoses. This will be last bit of under bonnet detailing now I'll be taking all the newly painted bits down to the garage on Saturday for fitting. I'm waiting on a set of blue samco water hoses coming and I'm picking up a new rad then it's just a case of putting the front end back together 8-)
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby rspaul1974 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:54 pm

looking good m8 8-)
rspaul1974

Postby Goafer » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:55 pm

nice one Derek , i need a job like yours with that much time on your hands :thumbup:
Goafer
Committee
Committee

Postby Dereksjoint » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:07 pm

You don't want a job like mine Goafer theres talk of more lay offs it's that quite at the moment :o still it's been good having the time to work on the old Fez.

Finished painting my Fuel Rail and Fuel Regulator and picked up all my new gaskets and belts from Ford so managed to get the inlet manifold built up with all the new gaskets. Went down to work on it today and managed to get all my newly painted bits back on the car. I've not fitted the rad and cooler back in as I'm picking up a new rad and I'm waiting on my new samco coolant hoses arriving :afro:

Heres some pics

Still need to pick up 2 new wishbones from Ford to replace the crap poly fookers then change the clutch for a 4 paddle I've got and fit the nice new S2 box that I've got shouldn't be long now till it's back on the road thank fook :lol:
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby stevenebm » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:26 pm

the engine bay is looking sweet mate.will see you at next meet to square you up for the cooler etc. 8-)
4498 sold.
stevenebm

Postby Dereksjoint » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:35 pm

Cheers Steven and no worries buddy ;)

It looks a bit dark in there now to be honest with all the black bits and I'm normally more of a bling person :redface: :lol: but it should look a bit brighter with the new samco's and the S2 gearbox which is silver. I do also fancy some Aero quip with black ends for all the oil and auxillary pipes that are on display but first priority now is get it finished, mot'd, insured, taxed, tuned and finally Driven :layrubber:
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby stevenebm » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:52 pm

if it were mines i would get a black rocker cover as i think that would finish it off 8-) i love the black against the white wings etc :)
4498 sold.
stevenebm

Postby AGAR » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:30 am

AGAR

PreviousNext

Return to Restorations & Rebuilds