[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - Tidyin up my Fiesta RST Continued into 2010 now

Tidyin up my Fiesta RST Continued into 2010 now

For all your resto & rebuild Pics.

Re: Tidyin up my Fiesta RST

Postby Dereksjoint » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:31 am

I've been back tinkering with the Fiesta again but since I never really finished this thread I thought I'd continue it on.

Although everything was in working order the car was really only 90% finished as I still had a lot of plans for it. But just to get some use out of the car it was put back together to get it on the road in June last year. Unfortunately I only made it to one show due to working down south for most of show season. It has changed a little in appearance since then but this is the most up to date pic I have of the exterior

Over the course of the year I've done little bits here and there to change the apperance a bit more but my most recent work has been to the interior. It's the only part of the car that I've never really spent much time or money on in the past and the only part I thought let down the rest of the car. The Recaro's where looking old and tired and I had a tiny leak coming from one of the sunroof locating feet which was creating small puddles in the front floor pan.

Here's how the interior has pretty much allways looked

I was never a big fan of the dash trim being painted silver so I rubbed it all down and went back to a matt black finish

The steering wheel was in need of a clean also so I treated it to some leather cleaner then used the dremel to remove the yellow MOMO paint as this will be getting painted diamond white along with the centre peice of the wheeel and the gauge bezzels

I've also managed to get hold of a mint set of front and rear Recaro seats so once I've sorted the small sunroof leak I'll start putting everything back in the car to see how it looks.

I've bought a set of Comp Mo wheels too although they need a little machine work and a fresh coat of diamond white before they get fitted 8-)

Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Tidyin up my Fiesta RST Continued into 2010 now

Postby Goafer » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:16 pm

Dash will look soooooo much better with the matt black m8 IMO and comps should give it a more chunky look

all in all , good mods 8-)
Last edited by Goafer on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goafer
Committee
Committee

Postby SHIFTY » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:23 pm

coming on well mate, caca beat a set o comps 8-)
keep up the good work :D
SHIFTY

Postby DALSY » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:10 am

white Comps will transform that wee car Derek, looking forward to seeing the pics with the wheels on
DALSY
Committee
Committee

Postby Dereksjoint » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:45 pm

Cheers troops, I'm looking forward to seeing the comps on myself as I've wanted a set for years :D
I'll hopefully have them on and the car finished for the end of the month

Got a wee bit more done over the last couple of days, and went out today to do my weekly maintainance of taking the battery out to put it on charge. I decided to give the car a wash so I could get some up to date pics of how it looks now on the outside

The car has had the morettes on for the whole 5 and a half years that I have owned it and quite a few before i think :lol:
I think I prefer it this way though although it's still growing on me

All the old chrome badges that I put on during the first restoration are gone now and I've gone back to the standard decal in black on the rear and left off the RS badges above the side repeaters

I've also managed to get a few more of the interior parts that I was painting finished

I broke the glass in one of the dials as I was removing it but I'm hoping to find someone with an old broken gauge that I can buy and strip apart to get the glass out of it.

I've also found the wee water leak that started me off with stripping the whole interior out so thats a result. Turns out it was coming from under the wee plastic mounting foot that the sunroof slips into. So hopefully I'll start getting the interior fitted back in next weekend 8-)
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby andy-mac » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:28 pm

cars looking good derek with the changes you have made i have a gauge if you still need one
andy-mac
Club Member
Club Member

Postby ConnollyRSvan » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:30 pm

Do you not fancy putting the green strips back on it mate? look mint on white ones imo
ConnollyRSvan

Postby davie 3 door » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:01 pm

Car is lookin alot better wi the standard lights and mirrors Derek.
Lookin forward to seeing the comps on, they will be the icing on the cake!!

"You dont need drink to have a good time!" S Fulton-Mull 2011
davie 3 door
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Dereksjoint » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:47 pm

Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby mikeymikeyp » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:47 pm

no no no no no no no no no no dont do it mate
mikeymikeyp
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Grant » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:21 pm

looking nice and clean chief! the standard lights freshen it right up, not sure how the orange would look on there, might look odd with the cutout and that, dunno!

i'm with everyone else, i cant wait to see it on the comps, i'll be honest with you.. i was never a huge fan of your wheels! :lol:

once i'm back on the road we should go for a wee run somewhere, feels like forever since i had the fiesta out, christ.. in the last year dalsys drove it more than me! and he only drove it the once lol
Grant
Website Gaffer
Website Gaffer

Postby Grant » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:44 pm

had a mess about with your pic...

this is most likely what i'd do ;)

with ambers...
Front1[1].jpg

or without?
Front1[2].jpg

cant decide on the ambers though!

and one with just the ambers and everthing left alone..
Front1[3].jpg
Grant
Website Gaffer
Website Gaffer

Postby Stu/RS » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:57 pm

Gonna be some transformation when its finished Derek.

Looks miles better with standard headlights, and the Comps will be right at home on there 8-)
All the other small touches, like badges, have freshened it up too.
"IF YOU WEREN'T THERE, YOU WONT UNDERSTAND"
Stu/RS
Group Official
Group Official

Postby gibby » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:36 pm

looks great in they pics grants done with the white comps and reg moved too

think either ambers or clears work well on white cars
gibby
Club Member
Club Member

Postby SHIFTY » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:48 pm

lov em pics Grant, wtf you been anyways? :lol:
SHIFTY

Postby Dereksjoint » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:00 pm

Cheers for the photoshop pics Grant they're cracking mate ;)

I think the last one looks the best personelly with the Ambers 8-)

I'll have the car on the road for the start of March no worries so I'll give you a shout buddy and we can take the Fezzers out for a play although I'll need to swing by AVA to get ma boost up'd again first. Canny be giving you a 60 bhp advatage :lol:

I'll need to pull my finger out and get those comps down to have them machined then off to the paint shop
I've already got some nice Black Compomotive stickers to go on them 8-)
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby AGAR » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:41 pm

Some good progress there Derek - its amazing how much some subtle changes alter the overall appearance of the car. Once the new wheels are on it'll be even better.
AGAR

Previous

Return to Restorations & Rebuilds