[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - s1.....15/09/09 few pics

s1.....15/09/09 few pics

For all your resto & rebuild Pics.

s1.....15/09/09 few pics

Postby stevenebm » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:16 pm

started my underbody resto today on the series one.will get pics up tommorow when new digital camera arrives,managed to get both rear suspension and brakes off.fuel tank.pump etc is out aswell so rear end is pretty clear nowjust brake lines and couple other things to get off.cant bellieve how good it is underneath.should just need a clean up and a wee sand then ready for paint :D anything that a cant get new will be powdercoated and new stainless bolts everywhere that has no stress.discs on the rear etc aswell just since its stripped down anyway.

oh and had a wee accident too.cut threw a fuel pipe at the pump not thinking it would be pressurised and it was.right in ma eyes!was some state trying to get to the kitchen to rinse them out.still burning just now but think am gona be ok :?

as said pics tommorow late afternoon when a get in from work but just wanted to give yous a heads up on the resto :)
Last edited by stevenebm on Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:23 pm, edited 23 times in total.
4498 sold.
stevenebm

Re: s1 underbody resto!

Postby AGAR » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:47 pm

Will look forward to the pics, loved your last s1 build, hope this one gets finished.
AGAR

Postby stevenebm » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:49 pm

4498 sold.
stevenebm

Postby DALSY » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:05 pm

get your finger oot and get the pics up................................ only kiddin :lol: :lol:

lookin forward to seeing the pics 8-) 8-)
DALSY
Committee
Committee

Postby stevenebm » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:54 pm

:lol: at dalsy.here you go then :P

right folks some pics.got a good bit done today aswell.exhaust is now off etc.
bit dirty but in good condition underneath it all
nice and solid under fuel tank.
other arch looking good aswell
more underneath
exhaust came out rather easy
loads of bits in there to get powder coated

so there i was making good progress havin a laugh bout the petrol in the face incident yesterday when i was cuttin a bolt off and slipped.
nothing major but thaths me by for today.going for a beer.
next to come is rest of fuel lines and brake lines out then i can start cleaning it underneath in prep for paint.more updates monday if a dont get out tommorow :)
4498 sold.
stevenebm

Postby Stoo » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:23 pm

What is it with you? Just drive the bloody thing and stop licking the arches clean..! Pervert :P
Stoo

Postby stevenebm » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:48 pm

4498 sold.
stevenebm

Postby DALSY » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:44 am

good pics Steven.

And im sure thats not the last skinned knuckle we will see either :lol: :lol:
DALSY
Committee
Committee

Postby stevenebm » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:29 pm

well got most of the rear end sanded down tonite.well more like wire brush attachment on drill.then i cleaned all the oil etc off with petrol soaked rag.looking so much better with just a clean.so arch was all rubbed down etc so i tho i would apply a coat of paint to see what itl come out like.bear in mind this is only first coat i think it speaks for itself and cant wait to see whole floor like this.also decided going for coilovers and mef rear parrellel arms etc.might aswell do it right while its all apart :) just wheel choice thats a nightmare.either rs soft spokes or black comp mo's :?:
4498 sold.
stevenebm

Postby Dereksjoint » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:04 pm

Very nice mate 8-) keep the pics comin

I'll be doing much the same over winter with my S1
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby stevenebm » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:18 pm

4498 sold.
stevenebm

Postby Dereksjoint » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:35 pm

It must be an Ayrshire thing cause she's down in Ayr at the moment with ma good friend Stevie (oldskoolfordsrule)
He's had it for a week or 2 now doing a lot of wee jobs on it as I ain't had the time and I'm also doing a tidy up on
my Fiesta too but he loves it :lol:

Thanks for the offer I may well pick your brains on the MEF arms and coilovers as I'm tempted to go down
the very same road along with a fairly big power ZVH which was meant for my Fez.

Thanks Derek
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Stoo » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:22 am

Is it done yet?
Stoo

Postby stevenebm » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:20 am

4498 sold.
stevenebm

Postby Fiona » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:09 pm

Looking good !

Always fancied an S1 ! did drive one to RSOC in Aberdeen a few years back when a mate had one ! and loved it !

Keep the good work going ! :D
RSOC Image WE HAD ' Probably the best wedding car in the world :)'
Fiona

Postby stevenebm » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:14 pm

just to let yous know whats happenin folks.put a coat underneath at rear but not to happy with the finish plus its a nightmare to do.arms killing me.so i have hopefully got the hire of a spray gun and compressor for the weekend so gona mask up car and get it ready for then.will hopefully have a big big update at the weekend :D
4498 sold.
stevenebm

Postby stevenebm » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:20 pm

after some advice to use a small roller i went and bought a few and what a differance to applying the paint than the brush.was so much easier.heres a couple of pics of the first coat with the roller.wee bits have been missed but i will get them in the next few coats.overall im very pleased with the result and itl save me having to hire a spray gun etc :D
4498 sold.
stevenebm

Postby stevenebm » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:02 pm

stripped the front end of the car today underneath.cant beleave how good the floor pan is.here is a pic with just one side cleaned.you can see how it was just dirty and needed a clean.no rust atall :D :D

4498 sold.
stevenebm

Postby AGAR » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:36 pm

Looks to be in great condition. I know what a bugger is it to strip the underside of a car and repaint it, looks like you've been lucky with this one.
AGAR

Postby stevenebm » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:16 pm

well progress has been steady.got the front end with a couple coats on it now.just gona let it dry tonite and put a final one on in a few days :) cant wait to see it with new fuel tank etc.
4498 sold.
stevenebm

Next

Return to Restorations & Rebuilds