[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - my new mk 3 !!!!

my new mk 3 !!!!

For all your resto & rebuild Pics.

my new mk 3 !!!!

Postby 225_inferno » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:23 pm

wel been looking for a while for something for a project and managed to find this, needs a bit of work but thats part of the fun lol (aye rite)not decided witch engine to go for so am open to suggestions lol ave already got a near full rs turbo kit, missing a front bumper so need to source one in the near future,

225_inferno
Club Member
Club Member

Re: my new mk 3 !!!!

Postby gibby » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:28 pm

looks a good shell that mate , getting rare in scotland now
gibby
Club Member
Club Member

Postby 225_inferno » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:43 pm

ano thats why a jumped for this one, lol , as a said needs a good bit of work body wise but its handy being a painter lol so that will save me a few quid, lol
225_inferno
Club Member
Club Member

Postby AGAR » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:52 pm

Cool - let me guess, 1.1/1.3 HCS edition with no cig lighter, no electric windows, and no engine power :lol: Those were the days.

Have a look at my old project thread on here (at least I think theres still one on here). Great wee cars and very easy to do the work on them. If you have any queries about what you can bolt on from an FRST or not, just let me know.

Oh and ps its a Mk3.5 not mk3 ;)

Cheers,

Agar
AGAR

Postby 225_inferno » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:59 pm

lol yeah a forgot its a 3.5 , cheers mate, wel am looking for a drivers door for it, and an xr3 or turbo front bumper , a just need to decide on the engine, ma old zs had cams manifold etc so thinkin turbo power ,
225_inferno
Club Member
Club Member

Postby AGAR » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:07 pm

AGAR

Postby Kevin_Mc » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:40 pm

Reid might still have an FRST front bumper

looks like a good base :D
Kevin_Mc
Club Member
Club Member

Postby 225_inferno » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:41 pm

had a look on flee bay there and the cosworth bumper looks pritty good as wel so i maybe hang on and buy one of them ,
225_inferno
Club Member
Club Member

Postby 225_inferno » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:33 pm

wel here we go !! took a half day and after speaking to a guy about replacing my arch a waqs told to take a screw driver and a big hammer to the rot to see where i end up, lol

so with the bad bits found and feeling a bit down after seeing the amount of work i had just on the arch a thought ad throw on the bumper for shits and giggles lol

more pics and alot of work still to come , lol
225_inferno
Club Member
Club Member

Postby DALSY » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:57 am

exact same as mine , it was a Mk3.5 in red, one wowner from new , and had failed its MOT on brakes and steering rack

started stripping it down to paint it, hope this gives you some inspiration

DALSY
Committee
Committee

Postby davie 3 door » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:55 pm

Thats a nice one wowner car have to Dalsy!! :roll:

"You dont need drink to have a good time!" S Fulton-Mull 2011
davie 3 door
Club Member
Club Member

Postby SHIFTY » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:45 pm

All the best with the fez mate, crackin wee cars 8-)
SHIFTY

Postby 225_inferno » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:15 pm

cheers for the replys, yeah am trying to get stuck in as much as i can just now but im waiting on the boy doing the welding to fit me in , al get more pics up when the welding gets started ,
225_inferno
Club Member
Club Member

Postby *energy* » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:46 pm

meh supose its ok for a shitbox...no even half as kool as a mk2 fezzer :o ;)
im a vaux nut..own a 2.5v6 astra..corsa b project..vectra c limited edition..and the ford of the bunch is a mk2 fiesta
*energy*

Postby 225_inferno » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:40 pm

wel a small update , cut out the rot and got the welding done last weekend and also replaced the steering rack, track rod ends and got a front 2i bumper and rs turbo bonnet, al get more pics up after this weekend of me prepping the car for paint and the welding work done,

front bumper

rust be gone lol

before rst bonnet

and with it

alot more still to come lol
225_inferno
Club Member
Club Member

Postby 225_inferno » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:36 pm

wel after people in my street laughing and slaggin ma wee fez bomb a phoned a mate and managed to get hold of his garage to start the long road to shiny bodywork, lol heres how far ave got,

before i started , lol fiesta must have been scared lol

after a bit of buffing and repairing,

making a good bit of progress now but still a long way away ,

after that tme was getting the better of me so called it a day and primed the repairs quickly to get it home without the rust settng in, then back today for round 2 lol getting all the repairs high built,

and now how she looks before a went home

more to come !!
225_inferno
Club Member
Club Member

Postby *energy* » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:43 pm

more pics the morra when we hammer into it eh bud!then your getting your hands dirty..touching a vauxhall.lol...then my mk2 fez
im a vaux nut..own a 2.5v6 astra..corsa b project..vectra c limited edition..and the ford of the bunch is a mk2 fiesta
*energy*

Postby 225_inferno » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:22 pm

welm a bit more progress made , got the full body sanded and ready for paint, and mostly stripped,

and the side skirts before

arches
225_inferno
Club Member
Club Member

Postby 225_inferno » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:24 pm

bumper

bonnet

comments welcome !! :D ;)
225_inferno
Club Member
Club Member

Postby gibby » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:28 pm

looks the part mate

mite be a bit out the blue question but you dont happen to have the number for where you get that cigeratte type maskin paper do u ?

we used to get it but the guy that got it for us does,nt come in anymore

cheers gibby
gibby
Club Member
Club Member

Next

Return to Restorations & Rebuilds