[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - mk2 cossie build

mk2 cossie build

For all your resto & rebuild Pics.

Re: mk2 cossie build

Postby mikeymikeyp » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:10 am

2008 5:53 pm

Mint mate! kinda along the same line as what im doing with mine
Good too see he's doin it right too - top job!

does kinda along the same lines ,does that mean the shifty guy going to put a cosy engine in his mk 2 or :o

:o was i right all along and its going to be a zetek of some kind ppppppppppppppshhhttttttttttttttttttcchhhooccccchhooocccchhooo
mikeymikeyp
Club Member
Club Member

Postby mikeymikeyp » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:22 am

sorry did not mean to steal the post your mk2 looks really yummy you keeping it white it is after all THE colour or 2008-9
mikeymikeyp
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Ade » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:46 am

Looking real good! :mrgreen:
Ade
Club Member
Club Member

Postby SHIFTY » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:36 am

SHIFTY

Postby cammy » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:23 pm

love it just what im doing with mine but il be running a zetec
cammy

Postby Kevin_Mc » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:55 am

what a weapon :D

that is a stunning build 8-)
Kevin_Mc
Club Member
Club Member

Postby turbochargedjjmclure » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:54 pm

did a wee bit to bob's scort the day, fitted a new brake bias master cylinder as the old one was leakin a bit, also fitted the prop and clutch cable, going to have a go at fitting discs to the rear tomorrow, work is slow,but it's gettin there when we've got time to work on it.
here's a couple more pics. cheers :D
sorry about the picture quality but it's a camera phone
turbochargedjjmclure

Postby gibby » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:19 pm

looks mint mate , keep the updates coming
gibby
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Kevin_Mc » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:45 am

everything about the look of that car is right

what wheels are they?
Kevin_Mc
Club Member
Club Member

Postby SHIFTY » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:32 pm

Nice 1 mate! love it! :D
Wish mines was at this stage :roll: :lol:
Did you's have to get an altered prop from the standard rs pinto one piece job?...(length differant?)
Im thinking of going down th same route with the pro alloy cooling kit that you lads went for 8-)
Is there enough room for a swirl pot behind the rad and cooler?...I was told there wasnt but thought I might be able to make it fit? 8-)
SHIFTY

Postby turbochargedjjmclure » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:49 pm

turbochargedjjmclure

Postby turbochargedjjmclure » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:05 pm

turbochargedjjmclure

Postby SHIFTY » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:25 pm

Cheers matey! 8-) :D
Aye I thought it was a tad tight in there :roll: :lol: ...wasnt too sure what I was gona do with my rad and cooler, was tempted about fitting the original Saph rad and 500cooler but there way too big and need to chop a good bit :| ..Those pro alloy jobs look the buisness and heard the cooler is roughly same size as 500 job! 8-)
Think there's gona be a good bit of head scratchin to tey work out places for things to fit...like header tank and oil catch tank..would like to use the ones iv got in Saph so might get them modified a bit to suit.
Mines is really close to being painted tho mate!..although still gota finish an ''x'' above my head in cage after I get some more tubing and then put the extra chassis strengthining tubes in for crossmember. After that I gotta start cuttin out some bits under bonnet like you lads have done i.e air filter box in inner wing and prob gona chop lip on bulkhead slightly.
Thanks again for the info man! 8-) :D 8-)
SHIFTY

Postby turbochargedjjmclure » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:46 pm

the only thing is that,when you say your going to chop the inner wing for the airbox. once we did that and fitted the air filter we thought we should have left it the way it was and just cut a hole in the inner wing for the pipe to go through,thinking it was better to keep the filter away from the heat of the engine and turbo,just need to make a shroud for it inside the wheel arch to stop road poop gettin it filthy, it was just an afterthought though, bad planning on our behalf, too many shandy's that day :lol: . it's up to yourself though as it was just an afterthought. :)
turbochargedjjmclure

Postby SHIFTY » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:29 pm

Too true mate, I had thought of that aswell..but again didnt fancy puttin it inside wing, as you say would deffo have to be covered up under wing..for water n $hit off road..
I think my filter is too big just to bolt on straight to turbo..hmm its a tough call :lol:
Unless I can make up some sort of cold air feed pipe too maybe...
Thanks for the advice mate 8-)
Il hopefully get there in the end... :roll: :lol:
SHIFTY

Postby turbochargedjjmclure » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:21 pm

just a wee update! got the wiring done and fuel pump plumbed in,wire up the centre console and the old girl fired up first crack :P
swwwwweeeeeeet 8-) just got to do the coolant hoses exhaust and tidy everything up. what a relief. not long till a test drive :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: danger.
turbochargedjjmclure

Postby SHIFTY » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:26 pm

WOOOOHOOOO! :D 8-)
Keep the updates comin mate, cana wait to here how you get on! 8-) 8-) 8-)
SHIFTY

Postby turbochargedjjmclure » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:17 pm

spent a few hours today tinkerin doin more bloody wiring and bob made an exhaust too. turned out pretty nice too 8-) heres a few pics-
one of the interior or lack of it
one of the engine bay
and one with it's new strutbrace
turbochargedjjmclure

Postby gibby » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:24 pm

looks mint mate will be good to see yours and shiftys out next season
gibby
Club Member
Club Member

Postby stevenebm » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:30 pm