[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - frp036 - very very pic heavy

frp036 - very very pic heavy

For all your resto & rebuild Pics.

frp036 - very very pic heavy

Postby fergie » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:35 pm

Not been a a meet in ages due to work and being abroad for a few so i thought i would post this up.

Bought the car when i was 19 last jan upgrading from my ka as i needed ssomething bigger and quicker and the insurance was less than the ka! so the hunt was on to get an frp in scotland.Planning to see v6 frp but sold before i got the chance. ended up seeing frp 36 on pistonheads and went 2 view it only 2 miles down the road from me in paisley. after a deal was done i left with it and have never been unhappy or without a smile in it since!

when i went to see it :D

Enjoyed it for a while but had to get rid of the "lil racer" regy plates! then put on new greenstuff pads and a set of toyo proxie4's on
also changed the hego sensor and ripped off the mid heat shield because it was only held on by 1 bolt and kept falling away.

got it detailed before getting it on the rolling road at ava for the first in the wosrsoc weekender :D
only made 128 bhp due to a gubbed sensor

the next day it was off to kames

ended up changing the maf sensor after that cos it was kangeroring, next was a track day at knockhill in sep:D

got some original wheels for it that needed refurbed:

sold them and tryed some focus rs wheel but didnt like them and sold after 2 weeks:

put it off the road from sep to jan then back on the road in jan and the clutch finally gave up after a week of driving! so back off it went again. since then i have put loads of new bits on and dne a few things such as :
rear discs
rear pads
polly bushed
rear splash shields
abs sensor
abs rings
painted calipers etc
parcially stripped
blue samco hoses
white and chrome detailing underbonnet
full service inc
plugs
oil
all filters
8mm magnecor ht leads
coil pack
rear bearings

probably lots more just cant remember!

friday nite my and a friend stripped out the gear box ready for the lsd and helix clutch and put on the carbon splitter and conversion badges:D cant wait for the bonnet!

me:D

dropping the box of tomorrow and hopefully will be going with tax and test by end of the week *fingers crossed*

been working on a few other wee bits like a chrome header which needed cutting and tig welded

going to get my spare seats retrimmed with frp036 stiched into them somewhere:D

also refurbing the spare alcons there all stripped down ready to be powder coated white when i get the cash for everything else
half way though it...

in the near future its getting a full weld in rollcage, the refurbed alcons with hispec discs and respray. later in the future would like it to have more power maby turbo with nos, 6 spoke mos, quife sequential box, carbon roof and other pannels and looking into getting custom hubs so i can run puma coilovers :D I will have it my way if i have to beg borrow or steal!!!

any comments welcome if you can understand the english as it is not my strong point!!

may09..................................

been working on the car for a bit recently managed to get the clutch, gear box etc all in with the white alcons :D then mot and tax tomorrow :D woo woo
After getting some trouble with a snapped bleed nipple i changed the bolts to black ones for some contrast with teh white and i think they look amazing!
Should have been finished a few days ago but the bridge pipes kept leaking so swapped for the old ones and a temp copper one until i can get ones from alcon. Will only do this when i refurb the other set as there getting used for a bit first :D got Kames on sunday so trying to use the car as much as i can before then to get used to the clutch.
Will get some pics of them on the car tomorrow but trust me they look stunning!!!

As it was a nice day did a quick clean and took some pics:D

tryed some artyish pics so comments please:D

++++++++++++++++++++++++++update oct09 +++++++++++++++++++++++++

bought some seats from ford then sold my frp seats, but the new ones never turned up :( Have got some FR Ka seats in now atm untill i can afford some revolutions or similar seats and get them retrimed in blue alcantara with the FR badge etc!

Fitted hispec discs back in august and they looks stunning! would like to get the bells done white when i get some other parts powder coated

I also turned 21 a couple of weeks ago and got a private plate which not sits proudly on 036.

headgasket has decided to go:( now looking for a decent duratec engine which can go to jamsport for a supercharger or a high spec zetec se engine to transplant in!
Just trying to save the cash for the winter ideas i have planned for it and getting my ka done so i have transport while 036 if off the road
facebook: 00fergie
hicraig@hotmail.com
wosrsoc 092
fergie

Re: frp036 - very very pic heavy

Postby andy-mac » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:50 pm

looking good , don't think the caliper's will stay white for very long but look good

what's happening to the other puma on the other ramp
andy-mac
Club Member
Club Member

Postby fergie » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:02 pm

thanks, the callipers have been on a while now and just get a cleaning whenever the wheels are off but they do get minging.

The shell is a friends who is preparing it for his son to do auto testing when he reaches the right age.
hicraig@hotmail.com
wosrsoc 092
fergie

Postby turbochargedjjmclure » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:25 pm

nice thread fella 8-) that wee puma looks well PHAT ;) good luck with the engine upgrade. :twisted:
turbochargedjjmclure

Postby craigokenn » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:52 pm

some cracking picks there mate
ImageFOR SALE STAGE 3 4X4 275BHP@TW
doesnt matter if you win by an inch or a mile,winnings winning

craigokenn

Postby Kevin_Mc » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:17 pm

always loved FRPs, it looks brilliant apart from the Shocker sticker
Kevin_Mc
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Reid » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:29 pm

Reid

Postby fergie » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:46 pm

he sticker was just a laugh its coming off when i can be bothered ;)
hicraig@hotmail.com
wosrsoc 092
fergie

Return to Restorations & Rebuilds