[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - my fiesta zt project!

my fiesta zt project!

For all your resto & rebuild Pics.

Re: my fiesta zt project!

Postby benb.88 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:09 am

yup, i remember gettin a swatch a this at ek cruise, looks realy clean mate. the que to get downstairs was disgusting, polis out to ruin the fun! :mad:
benb.88

Postby Big Ian » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:46 am

nice one mate,your not wasting any time :lol: :lol: :lol:
back in the saddle,yeeeee,haaaaaaaaaa
Big Ian

Postby 225_inferno » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:01 pm

Lol there's no time like the present lol family memebr went into hospital so slowing up progress quite a bit but notfor long hopefully ,
225_inferno
Club Member
Club Member

Postby 225_inferno » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:06 pm

wel tonight a ripped the heed right aff it lol didnt have a 55 torque for the head bolts so got hold of one tonight lol from what i can see theres very little if any wear on the cylinder walls, and ive tried to photo what i think is the orginial markings from when it was bored from new , please correct me on anything im saying if im wrong, lol still a novice at the old internals lol anyway pics,

now crank and bottom end to strip now, lol :D :rolleyes: :lol:
225_inferno
Club Member
Club Member

Postby mikeymikeyp » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:58 pm

just make sure you mark every thing you can and take plenty photos so you can look back at them :evil: :?
mikeymikeyp
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Adie » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:51 pm

defo what mikey said things like tht take a bit of time and you end up forgetting cause you strip that much one worng boltin the wrong place can easily crack a head lol looks good mate lovin the rs2000 wheels what you actually doing to the engine full rebuild bottom end the lot ?
ImageImage
[
Adie

Postby 225_inferno » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:58 pm

Well got the head near totally stripped , well actually all stripped bar the three or four manifold studs lol need to take It into work and get a couple of nuts to remove them , lol adie the plans are full zetec turbo , but never done any other engine work so decide a wanted to renew the valves and all gaskets ,seals etc and doing as much as I can myself , don't claim to be anything special with engines , can service them and that's about as far as I go so want to learn As much as I can from this build , ordered my arp rods bolts and they arrived this morning lol now need to turn my attention to the bottom end now lol cheers
225_inferno
Club Member
Club Member

Postby 225_inferno » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:02 pm

well bit of an update,the bottom end went after the photoshoot at in mulguy after 132000 miles, cause i needed the car as a dayly drive the 2.0 has been shelved as of now, sourced a 1.7 puma engine and box from flee bay and got stripping , lol
and after a day of hard graft , remembering ave never done an engine conversion totally on my own, and no engine hoist i got to this point,
dont think my girlfriends mum and dad were too happy about me turning the drive into a total bomb site and having bits of car lying around everywhere but they stuck by me lol so bid cheers to them lol
after a bit more stripping and learning lol
and the money shot!!!!! and everyone who hasnt done an engine conversion but wants to i suggest you go ahead and try it, i cant describe the sense of achivement you get when you start the car for the first time , !! then proceeded to pee of everyone in the street on a sunday morning bleeding up the clutch and testing the car with just a manifold fitted , :lol: :evil: oh and a big cheers to big ian , who spoke me through bleeding up the clutch lol
and a quick one of it after a wee wash the other day , lol
:D cheers and comment wwelcome as always :D ;)
225_inferno
Club Member
Club Member

Postby SHIFTY » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:12 pm

well done mate, fair bit of graft went in there 8-)
SHIFTY

Postby 225_inferno » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:19 pm

lol yeah mate was a nightmare, worst thing about it is you aways wana skive and muck about if youve got noone to keep you motivated lol lol and not having an engine hoist for removing an engine is a c**t lol
225_inferno
Club Member
Club Member

Postby SHIFTY » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:24 pm

SHIFTY

Postby 225_inferno » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:31 pm

lol cheers man,didnt really have a choice tbh, either in the drive or in my street lol ,
225_inferno
Club Member
Club Member

Previous

Return to Restorations & Rebuilds