[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - series 1 4x4 cossy

series 1 4x4 cossy

For all your resto & rebuild Pics.

Re: series 1 4x4 cossy

Postby cutch » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:54 pm

Update from the past couple of days!

Right i had great intensions of getting up early and taking the car to ayr (miles away) to get the exhaust done but when i drove out the house onto the motorway i got held up in a traffic jam cos of some bloody lorry on it side for about an hour, late already! The then about 5 miles down the road somethign happened........can you tell what it was yet??

You guessed it.

Can you tell whats wrong with this pic...

I was a very lucky boy and a true gentleman that owns G.F. Autos in Muirhead took a wheel off his own trailer and let me borrow it to get down to Allys where he had a nice new one sitting waiting to be changed over. Once i got down there Ally changed the tyre and got it back on and i went to ayr. The car was meant to be getting picked up tonight and brought back but today kinda blew that to f**k so it will be tomorrow now, cant wait, saw some of the guys work and it was amazing! Looking forward to showing the the finished article.

Picked up the car today and couldnt be happier about the job from Meercat exhaust in Ayrshire, Willie certainly knows his stuff and his welding is some of the best i have ever seen!

And even caught Mr Pedley doing some work!

That pleased with his work I am taking the bike down too when i get it back!

Willie in kilbirnie, Meercat exhausts will be using him again!

Ally put all the fluids in today, diff oils, gearbox, engine, power steering and bled the brakes.

My missing water pipe turned up with some other bits from north yorkshire rs spares (paul)

Put on my billet fuel rail after some modifications!

Then it was the front and rear strut brace to get eh crackle treatment.

Went and picked up the car today and just before we took it away realised we had to modify something else. Took it to see Wee John (the guy that made the car) and he sorted it out for us.
Steering column felt like it moved a bit from side to side so he put a wee quick brace in.

The man himself!

And back home again,

Put the strut brace on to see if it looked ok, was a bit worried about the choice of colour/finish. What do you think. My choices were white, the same grey as the powder coated pieces (gearbox mount etc) or crackle black.

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby mikeymikeyp » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:07 pm

More crackle mate its the new white lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mikeymikeyp
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Ade » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:06 am

Feck! That blow out looks nasty! :surprised:
That happen long after you set off?
Ade
Club Member
Club Member

Postby cutch » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:55 am

5 miles fromt he house ade, it wasnt that bad, noticed soemthing wrong and pulled into the hard shoulder had a look and saw it was going down then crawled off the motorway, thats where all the damage happened but i wasnt sitting on the hard shoulder with the cossie on the back incase some muppet drove into the back of me!
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby Kevin_Mc » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:52 am

Wullie @ Meercat does some job, he did my full system on the Punto and it'll be going back there for a few other tweeks now that i have a stainless manifold.

It's looking good cutch
Kevin_Mc
Club Member
Club Member

Postby cutch » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:19 pm

Today got a bunch of wee jobs done, couple of missing bolts put in put the front diff bracket on etc. Stripped the donor car of its lights, that was an effort not damaging them!

Finally got the front number plate on.

Started puting the fornt lights in but cracked the drivers side indicator so that came to an abrupt halt! Ebay a few mins later and a phone call, one on its way!

Cleaned up the old mirrors

One on

Took a while to get teh other on as some fkr broke one of the screws in it!

Came out in three pieces! As i said, took a while!

Painted the fuel pump bracket.

Put one of the new wheels on to have a looksie, not sure about them now???

Made up a wee template for a bracket for my remote oil pump, will sort that out tomorrow.

And Mr Will Pedley sent me a pic of all my new aero quip thats going on! Cant wait for that.

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby paul-h » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:13 am

looks tasty mate! the wheels would suit it well but a nice set of flat spoked comps woud be stunning too imo! :)
paul-h
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Ade » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:06 am

I'm usually not a big fan of those wheels, but I think they'll really suit this. Kinda along the OE+/subtly modded sleeper look.

I'd want to see it on the deck and sitting proper before deciding though....
Ade
Club Member
Club Member

Postby marcrstvan » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:23 am

seen this on the moterway on thursday at gartcosh and looked nice, good job mate
marcrstvan

Postby Stu/RS » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:34 pm

Lovin' this build, looks amazing. Wont be long now :mrgreen:

A definite "YES" to the Diamond Cuts.
Comps look good too, but Shifty from North Yorks 4x4 Cossie S1 has them, and his cars well known. Want to keep it different IMO, makes it look kinda standard-ish/ sleeper.

We were there to see this, when we took 4 trophies at North Yorks in 2009........... COOL 8-)
"IF YOU WEREN'T THERE, YOU WONT UNDERSTAND"
Stu/RS
Group Official
Group Official

Postby davie 3 door » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:06 pm

As Stu says, deffo yes to the diamond cuts to keep with the standard theme!!!

"You dont need drink to have a good time!" S Fulton-Mull 2011
davie 3 door
Club Member
Club Member

Postby marcrstvan » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:08 am

we passed in a the green lambo and it looked good,we tried to take bailieston cut off to come back up to have a second look but u were gone, as i said earlier very nice car indeed,
marcrstvan

Postby cutch » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:19 am

thanks guys, cant wait for this weekend, will hopefully be me playing on video next time!

Marcrstvan- I get alsorts chasing me for a look on the motorway! hopefully next time i will give you a race in the lambo! ;)
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby jimmyson » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:33 am

wheels are georgiouse......... we love diamond cut.......well i have to say that dont i as i have it
but they defo have to stay....
jimmyson
Group Official
Group Official

Postby marcrstvan » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:55 am

lambo isnt mine mate was a mate of a mate i was with,s1 with cossie engines seem so much fun, i remember seeing ones years ago launch not knowing what was under hood and its arse was touching the ground,i was like waw wonder whats in that.
you will have alot of fun and terorising alsorts of machines in that, good build,i seen it also when it was getting started as im also from kirky
marcrstvan

Postby cutch » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:23 am

kirky? did you see it up at billys? I used to kick about in it about 14 yrs ago in kirky, my ex was from torrance!
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:51 pm

Today i finished off the fuel pump bracket,

I used a spare intercooler mounting kit for the cradle

Litttle bit of modding but it works

Then fitted

Crackle painted the pipe between the intercooler and swedish.

old and new,

fitted, but not sure it is going to hold pressure?? will hopefully see in a couple of days, thinkit might be a tad smaller od. might need to sort it out.

Not much but something!

Tomorrow get the interior out and sorted out.
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby Iain Mac » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:41 pm

Love this, even though it makes me feel guilty for sitting on my lazy butt instead of getting mine sorted.
Iain Mac

Postby cutch » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:55 pm

Mr Pedleys arrived!

The loom (mess) to get sorted out.

Pulled out rs turbo loom.....maybe to badly butchered in the past?

Cossie engine loom in.

Throttle cable in after some modding

Wills notes as it looks like he is going to make a new loom for me!

Boxes of bits to go on.

Bits everywhere!

Aeroquip bag, lots of aeroquip!!!!

Looks like we might strip the donor car tomorrow for the loom as its in better nick..
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:06 am

Todays been busy! Went an bought some anti vibration mounts for a road whacker an changed out the mounts on my fuel tank.

Changed the sandwich plate as I am not going to use an oil cooler because of not much airflow on the front of the car, will eventually use a laminova system.

Fitted it and aeroquiped the lot to my remote oil filter.

Fitted the new aux belt tensioner

Meanwhile Mr Pedley was playing with this lot! Checked out both looms an confirmed everything was ok/

Fitted Group A coil and remote fuel regulator with some more aeroquip

Got the other headlight on, still need to wait for my other indicator to arrive as I cracked my one putting it on!!

Had to dismantle the heater blower and sort change it for the internals of the other one as the wiring was all different!

Buffed and painted/ fitted the Map sensor

Will ran the wires for the fuel pump and sender.

Then he checked the timing and fitted some more electrical stuff! Cant remember all of it!

Remounted the amal valve

Fitted the speedo cable

Found a problem with the fuel pump but will try and get another sent tomorrow. A couple of wires to run behind the dash then we can fit it….Engine loom is getting some new plugs and braided, then fitted for the last time. |I will finish the fuel system off and would you believe I found the perfect part for sorting the hand brake cable on my garage door! Will take some pics tomorrow and let you see. The missus will be pissed when I fk up the door but its going to a greater cause….
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

PreviousNext

Return to Restorations & Rebuilds