[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - series 1 4x4 cossy

series 1 4x4 cossy

For all your resto & rebuild Pics.

Re: series 1 4x4 cossy

Postby cutch » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:43 pm

Its been a while!

Got my new hoses,

Fitted them and forgot to take the pics.

Did a wee bit of wiring in the interior, yeah forgot to take pics.

Then today took the car down to the garage to finish any exterior stuff, paint and fit kit caps, swap bonnet for a better one and a couple of other bits and peices.

Should be back out on tuesday for Will Pedley to finish off the wiring and set up...

so it should be the last time its on that trailer.......hopefully.
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:12 pm

Cut and shut the handbrake cable,

Pop rivited the body kit on, painted the rivets after this.

Also rivited the tow eye cover as there isnt a tow eye behind it anymore!

Touched up a couple of other things on the underside. Sorted out the drivers seat runners.

And......

took it for a drive!

Tomorrow put the kit caps on, riv nut the spoiler and get it home for Will Pedley to work his magic!
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby gibby » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:19 am

Nearly there now cutch

Good to see it out driving
gibby
Club Member
Club Member

Postby rosco » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:27 pm

first time i've looked at your thread for a while mate but wow, car looks incredible - top job.

Can't wait to see it in the flesh at the shows 8-)
rosco

Postby cutch » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:10 pm

Yesterday we picked up the car from Allys

Took it home and while Will put the finishing touches to the wiring i got on with some jobs,

Rear end all together,

Spoiler Riv Nut'd down properly, caps in, wiper motor in and covers modified to fit inside.

Intercooler hose

Door panels on once Will wired up my electric windows as the base chassis loom didnt have them.

Will had fitted the brake loom, wired the windows, sorted the battery drain and set up the car, got some washers too!

Will recomended some stack gauges, he wired up an oil pressure and boost gauge for me

Dash in too.

Took it to go get MOT'd and lost the sterring at the top of the driveway! Lucky escape.....loose pinch bolt....

Got it MOT'd..... it passed with a couple of advisories. The guys were all over it. Thanks to the guys at T.O.M. Fast Fit in Airdrie.

And on the way home while Will was trying to set up the car for me somethign let go on a heavy 3rd gear...

OIl every where and a CV boot off????

After checking the diff thinking that it might have popped out due to no circlip ;

We found out it was the power steering rack had blown.

All in all a fun day! New steering rack tomorrow and a rest...
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby redshed » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:29 am

Cars Stunning Mate. :) :) Credit To You And All Involved In Building Car
redshed
Club Member
Club Member

Postby gibby » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:10 am

Good to see the cars on the road cutch

All your hard work is finally paid of ,

You taking it to bridge of allan show on Sunday ?
gibby
Club Member
Club Member

Postby cutch » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:43 am

Yeah talked to the organizer last night they are keeping a spot for me too. Looking forward to it. You coming?

Thought you and Ali might like this!

New Vinplate by Monster too.

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby andy-mac » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:05 pm

cars looking good seen it up at tom's today :)

must be a good feeling getting to drive it after all the hard work well sticking with

so many off these projects never get finnished :)
andy-mac
Club Member
Club Member

Postby cutch » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:17 pm

Yeah its a great feeling, especially when its on boost, things mental! A bit over shadowed as i think there may be a problem with the box, cant get it into gear properly, driving me nuts....thnking about a hydraulic clutch conversion to maybe sort it.
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:13 pm

Today was tidy up interior day.

Before,

Buff and paint screws that will be visible.

Trim down a little bit at a time the sills and speaker covers.

|Needed a good clean and painted with the innotec grey.

The same with the speaker covers, trimmed, cleaned and painted, left one new grey and right the old donor car blue.

A few hours later! and the drivers side done.

Also managed to get the rear quarter panels to fit too, didnt think i would manage that with the sierra floor but it paid off!

Tomorrow will get the passenger side done and the centre consol, need to have a look at the dash too, the metal strenghtening bar on the inside bottom is fouling on the heater box.
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:18 pm

Tonight i got the passenger side done,

The rear quarter has been damaged by dampness I think and is all saggy but it will do for now.

Same again for the sills trimed and painted with innotec grey.

And trimmed/painted the speaker covers too.

Tomorrow picking up a new car down by Blackpool with Will coming along for the ride.
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby paul-h » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:32 pm

Wow!! Looks awesome now mate! Was looking forward to seeing it at bridge of Allan, was gutted it was cancelled!!
paul-h
Club Member
Club Member

Postby cutch » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:38 pm

Cheers john, was gutted the show was off to mate, going to combe this weekend though.

Today got the dash back out to fit it properly, the strengthening bar along the bottom of the dash was fouling on the heater box.

all back in and sitting properly, will sort glove box tomorrow, going to fit the ecu inside i think???

Tomorrow centre consol and over to Allys for a clean underneath after the steering rack let go and put oil all over the bottom of the car!
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:00 pm

Today the centre consol.....what a nightmare this turned out to be!

Start off with one old cossie centre consol.

Prep area to be situated

Attempt to change old crappy worn switch with others lying around and realise they are different sizes! Fail.....

Clean and paint gaiter surround until new one arrives from ford.

Clean and paint consol

Take particular care of cut out area.

Fit into car for the hundredth time!!!

With new gaiter too....

Done

Now to do the glove box..
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:31 pm

Got the glove box to fit, cut the back and have fitted the ecu inside.

Theres a gap from the front of the centre consol and the dash because on the sierra one it wraps around to face the driver and overhangs, tonight i will make a wee plate to cover the gap and fit this wee plate that Monster has made for me.

Got Chris latham to send me a sticker kit for my battery, as always his stuff is excellent.

Tidied all the washer hose up, before

After

Now to make two plates and sort the position of the wipers.
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:29 pm

Made a wee bracket for my gauges sensor thingy!

Made another for Monsters tag, nothing spectacular but it will fill the gap!

Fitted some decals of MJ Racing forever in their debt for helping me build the car.

And my tuning buddy, Will Pedley. Couldnt have started the thing without him!

Fitted a titanium turbo heat shield, very niggly but does the job and sorted the wipers.

Cleaned the engine bay and under the car! Can honestly say that the first time i have cleaned the underside of a car!

And some of the rest of the car while it was dry for a change!

Some interior

Then get it loaded for Castle Combe

Long drive but it should be worth it.....
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:11 pm

Well the weather sort of stayed off for the show, had a good time, the car got plenty of attention.

And there was some perks!

Dalsy took me out in his car on the track which was excellent think i might get a track car now! Cheers for the ride.

Hopefully manage Ford Fair now but the missus is due on the 10th august!
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby Reid » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:23 pm

absolutely love this fella, some phenomenal work gone in, from the major fabrication work to all the wee bits.

Its so good to see one of these massive projects finally make the road as well, far too many (including most of mine) get to a certain point and then circumstances change and it goes tits up.

This thing looks nothing short of spectacular though, great job to all involved and i'll hopefully get a chance to see it when i start getting back to meets!
Reid

Postby ChristopheRS » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:06 am

Seen this at Castle Combe on Saturday - Its looking great Cutch ;)

What time did u get back home at ????
ImageImage
ChristopheRS
Club Member
Club Member

PreviousNext

Return to Restorations & Rebuilds