[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - series 1 4x4 cossy

series 1 4x4 cossy

For all your resto & rebuild Pics.

Re: series 1 4x4 cossy

Postby cutch » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:52 am

Went to put the turbo on and the old studs and nuts were scabby and horrible. So a wee phone call to burton and hey presto......new ones!

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:07 pm

Sorted out the heat shield, didn't like the one I had before , to angular and sharp! This time I made it a bit smaller and rolled the edges.

Turbo in

Plumbed in, nearly got the Amal valve hoses the wrong way around!

Strut brace back on and clears the heat shield ok

Filter on, jubilee hose clip on the turbo side doesn't fit now as its a bigger turbo/hose oops.

Tomorrow prime the turbo, check it all out and go for a run !!
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Fri May 15, 2015 8:23 pm

Got a v band on the centre section of the exhaust to get rid of my nasty old u clamp.

Then took it to the rollers at HQ garage to have a wee check up and make sure it's all good for going to the McRae event at knockhill tomorrow.

Did a nice comfortable 400bhp and the boys were happy with everything but advised me to have a look at my throttle position sensor and cold start valve. Will get them sorted as soon as. Now to play at knockhill tomorrow and hopefully don't wreck it. First time on track with the series 1.........
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Sat May 16, 2015 6:44 pm

Sorry no video yet, hopefully someone at the side got one, had people asking me if it was supercharged cos of the sound it was making up the straight!

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby Mel D » Sat May 16, 2015 7:49 pm

Looks good on the track :D
Mel D

Postby cutch » Sat May 16, 2015 8:33 pm

I have a feeling it's going to spend more time there from now on!
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Mon May 18, 2015 5:42 pm

Couple more

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:43 am

MOT time

Passed with flying colours as usual

Need to do more miles this year

Tomorrow got to fit a new breather hose, idle control valve and throttle position sensor
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:43 am

Changed my throttle position sensor

Idle control valve

And my dodgy breather hose

For one I got Roose to make me

Put my plates back on

And I added the Cosworth badge that I had made before I started building the car! I found it in the a box. The purists won't like it but I'm going to see how I like it for a while

Before

After

Now to go to the Scottish car show
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby Adam-M » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:55 am

Love it mate just was from start to finish it just of cost you a bomb, I must be the only one feeling sorry for that silver saph lol. Good to see there's some decent garages up here, that will pedley certainly looks worthy of a visit.

Where did you get your dalblair of Ayr stuff made mate I fancy some?
Adam-M

Postby Kevin_Mc » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:55 pm

See you at the show Cutch. This will be the first time i've seen the car since it was finished - last time i saw it was when we lifted it onto Ali's trailer out near Kilsyth
Kevin_Mc
Club Member
Club Member

Postby cutch » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:40 pm

Bloody hell was that you! That was 4 yrs ago wasn't it?
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:44 pm

I got my Dalblair stuff from DMB graphics and Will Pedley certainly knows his stuff, I get him to do all sorts of stuff. He's doing my WRC car to now
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby Kevin_Mc » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:30 pm

Yeah :lol: you put a post up on here asking for volunteers and i was nearby. I had been at Ali's that morning as well getting buts for my Sierra - it must have been about 4 years ago now
Kevin_Mc
Club Member
Club Member

Postby cutch » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:37 pm

Bloody hell, we were trying to figure that out today.

My two at the show

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby Kevin_Mc » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:16 pm

Both of them are crackers mate
Kevin_Mc
Club Member
Club Member

Postby cutch » Wed May 11, 2016 11:41 am

New wheels have arrived, going for refurb then I can see what the S1 will look like with them on, always wanted a set for it.

Also popped the lock out of my broken cap to swap over onto the new one when it arrives, unfortunately half the key has broken inside it I think! How do you or an you split the lock to remove it?

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Mon May 23, 2016 5:17 pm

Wheels are back from powder, well pissed off with them, they didn't do the centre caps. Apparently they don't do them, just pulled the badges off them and sprayed them the same colour, they didn't even run them down. Said it would be another 30 quid a centre cap!! Could have killed him

Wheels turned out ok though

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby Adam-M » Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Wheels look good mate who did them?
Adam-M

Postby cutch » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:05 am

Finally got round to getting the centre caps rubbed down,

Some of the hexagons were terrible with dents and scratches etc but I managed to get them done to an acceptable level.

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

PreviousNext

Return to Restorations & Rebuilds