[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - series 1 4x4 cossy

series 1 4x4 cossy

For all your resto & rebuild Pics.

Re: series 1 4x4 cossy

Postby Adie » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:06 am

looksgood mate who done the coating for you
ImageImage
[
Adie

Postby jimmyson » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:58 pm

NICE
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
jimmyson
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:56 pm

ESP in stronend st? Possil. Trevor.
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:31 am

Alright then, started with my driveshafts, finally got the CV's all sorted!

Then made a start on the Gearbox

But that got boring! Had to get other stuff ready for tomorrow anyway, got about half of it buffed up though.

Heres the nice new gearbox mount.

Made a start on the steering rack, had real problems getting the old track rod ends off but I soaked them in brake fluid over night and it loosened off, woohoo!

new and old;

Buffed the column up and primed/paint, sorry forgot to turn the pic before photobucket!

Refurbed with new boots from mr Matt Lewis!

New ends on, but did I put them the right way round???

Front diff before

Cleaned

And the finished article

Onto the brakes.

Before

Buffed and cleaned

Black on, didn’t get time before it got too late for masking up the grey…

Hangin!!!

Decided to quickly get the rack in before bed.

Empty

And in..

Went in got cleaned up and the missus told me she made me something..

I give you some rubber-duckin' quality Banoffee pie!

There you go guys, we are off to get the tank fitted tomorrow and hopefully engine and box in Friday. Cant rubber-duckin' wait!
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby gibby » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:48 am

Looking good cutch

Won't be long now till its finished if the running gear goes in this week
gibby
Club Member
Club Member

Postby pernickety » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:05 pm

lookin good ...... track rod ends are correct :)
pernickety
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Goafer » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:12 pm

Looks great :D

If you ever get bored I'm sure I could give you more parts to refurb ;) :lol:
Goafer
Committee
Committee

Postby boeb » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:48 pm

:D :D :D :D :D 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) looking good mate...........but ah mean the pie :lol: :lol:

car looking well good tae :D :D :D
Hahaha keep on laughing
boeb
Club Member
Club Member

Postby cutch » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:02 am

Right today the postie delivered my boot struts, couldn’t get rs tuebo ones anywhere then I got told the Mk1 mondeo ones hold the weight of the boot with spoiler.

And finally my boot stays open by itself!

Got my driveshafts in.

Put the steering wheel/column and brake master cylinder in but forgot to take a pic, well its been a while but the car now has steering.

Got it loaded onto the trailer and took it to Alys for the tank to get fitted.

Came home and finished buffing the gearbox

And small prop

And the finished articles,

Tomorrow taking the engine and box over to get fitted and the tanks should be done too! Woohoo

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby SHIFTY » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:03 am

Looking very well Cutch 8-) and that pie looks dam tasty tae! :lol:
SHIFTY

Postby cutch » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:28 pm

Started getting the engine and box in while the boys were doing the fuel tank

Engine off stand and onto the crane.

Empty engine bay soon to be filled.

Flywheel cleaned up and on,

Clutch on,

Gearbox test fitted.

Meanwhile the boys had fitted the tank,

And they measured everything perfectly months ago!!!

Right, I was going to take a pic of it when it was in the bay but I thought I’ll leave that till the end once its sitting right and I forgot! Sorry.

Well heres one from under looking at the clutch,

And we managed to get the Diff in and the gearbox, forgot to get a pic of that too! Oops

Tomorrow I will get the pics, and we are going to sort out a couple of other wee bits. Fitting a new bonnet and hopefully the bumpers, brakes and front driveshafts if theres time.
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:58 pm

Gearbox mounted with the new mount, prop fitted too.

The view from the top!

Spent a wee bit of time sorting the suspension ride height out. Think it looks excellent myself, might have difficulty getting over the speed bumps outside the house.

Refurbished the front driveshafts and fitted them. No pics though!

Boys were busy today with other cars so didn’t manage to get the tank finished but took some more underside pics.

And some more of the top, just for the hell of it!

And my favourite!

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby davie 3 door » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:05 pm

Lookin good mate, not far too go now. Good to see a projecting coming along and nearing a end!!

"You dont need drink to have a good time!" S Fulton-Mull 2011
davie 3 door
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Stu/RS » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:29 pm

8-) This is fair moving along mate, and lookin' very nice 8-)
Cant see it taking long now, at this pace :D

PS- any Banoffee Pie left??? YUM!!
"IF YOU WEREN'T THERE, YOU WONT UNDERSTAND"
Stu/RS
Group Official
Group Official

Postby gibby » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:40 pm

looks great cutch ,
gibby
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Stevie8ball » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Looks fookin mint bud :)
Stevie8ball
Club Member
Club Member

Postby cutch » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:20 pm

Thanks guys, getting there, boys down at Mj racing have been helping alot, really appreciate it. Cant wait to get it going next time I am home.
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby turbochargedjjmclure » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:16 pm

the cars coming along really well fella, i take it the bonnet you got from me was no use? :?
turbochargedjjmclure

Postby cutch » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:07 pm

yeah it was fine mate, its on the car right now. The donor car i have had a mint bonnet on it and it was an original ford one, the one you gave me was a pattern part and was fine but the other was a bit more solid. You can have it back now if you want, nice and painted too! ;)
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby rs200boy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:00 pm

looking crackin bud 8-) 8-) 8-)
IMMIGRANT FROM C+E GROUP :D :D
rs200boy

PreviousNext

Return to Restorations & Rebuilds