West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - Mk5 RS2000 Trouble help needed

Mk5 RS2000 Trouble help needed

Are you having problems with your RS? then ask for some tech advice here.

Mk5 RS2000 Trouble help needed

Postby CosiStu » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:12 am

hi guy's bought an RS2000 off a guy on ebay who's in blackpool still need to go and pick it up i got a text in the other day saying he thinks the starter is away on it but he is not sure , in the text i got sent he said to me that when he turns the key all the lights come on but nothing happens other than that so could it be anything else as i will be going down to try and get this sorted at the weekend or next weekend . if it is the starter i can get one easy enough and i thought i had anough trouble trying to get the cosworth back on the road lol .

thanks Cosi
CosiStu

Re: Mk5 RS2000 Trouble help needed

Postby DALSY » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:07 pm

if its not even making a noise when trying to start , id say it was the 12 volt feed from the ignition thats came off the starter

sometimes its a bullet connection, and it can come off, or check to see if the earth is loose

if its clicking maybe its just jammed, and a wee crack with a hammer could free it off
DALSY
Committee
Committee

Postby CosiStu » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:19 pm

do you think it could be anything else mate ? cheers mate
CosiStu

Postby turbochargedjjmclure » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:35 pm

as dalsy said it could be the trigger wire on the starter but if all seems ok there then it could be the earth lead from the battery/body to the engine, a good way to rule this out is to connect the earth cable of your jump leads to the battery and with the other end just clamp it onto the engine, like a bolt head or even the gearbox casing. it probably won't be anything more serious than needing a new starter or the wiring sorted. :ugeek:
turbochargedjjmclure

Postby CosiStu » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:17 pm

soryr for late reply guys will cheeck it out waited for replys before i go down and muck around with it in blackpool as im in glasgow lol :) but will do it either this weekend or next thanks for replys will keep you posted guys
CosiStu

Postby scottymac » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:34 pm

Check the fuse box aswell. The wiring from the ign switch runs through the fuse box. Had this problem before.
Chrome is for poofs.
scottymac
Club Member
Club Member

Return to Technical Trouble