[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - engine management light FRS MK2

engine management light FRS MK2

Are you having problems with your RS? then ask for some tech advice here.

engine management light FRS MK2

Postby DANNY - PH400 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:00 pm

engine management is on, took the car into ford, they said its coming on due to the high flow sports cat, only way they can sort it is by changing it all back to standard which is not happening as the car came with a £1700 receipt from powerflow for the full system and cat, spoke to simon at sitech racing, says a stage 1 revo map will sort it and give me 360bhp, (350 at the moment) due to the mountune kit,
any thoughts folks?????

MK2 FRS MP350 / BUILD NO...4295
PROJECT HULK 400 - WORK IN PROGRESS
DANNY - PH400
Club Member
Club Member

Re: engine management light FRS MK2

Postby jimmyson » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:38 pm

its a lot of money just to put a light out and get 10bhp

i know what you mean though the light can be anoying

i would try and find the person that had the car before you ... get some info from them
as to where it was maped ect ect

or you could chainge the sports cat to a diferent make ..... but it could still come back on theres no guarentee with them
some bring it on and some dont

or just learn to live with it !!!!!
jimmyson
Group Official
Group Official

Postby DANNY - PH400 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:46 pm

I can't just live with it as I wouldn't know if there was anything more important wrong with the car as the light would already be on, the stage 1 revo map includes a new updated fuel pump which leaves me wide open to get a stage 2 which would see 400bhp, so would be a bit of a stepping stone, plus this revo map is supposed to blow the mountune one out the water and shud see a noticeable difference, more power is available from the stage 1 but think I'd be happy with 360 ti I get used to the car and learn how to put the power down properly :)

DANNY - PH400
Club Member
Club Member

Postby andy-mac » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:52 pm

think i would give mountune a phone to see what they are saying before i spent any money at sitech
andy-mac
Club Member
Club Member

Postby DANNY - PH400 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:44 pm

spoken to mountune they say they can do a 375 bhp upgrade which includes another remap and a full compatible stainless and sports cat, it's £2200 but, can get that power from sitech for £500 with the stainless and high flow cat I've already got, mountune say they aren't responsible for the exhaust as its a powerflow system and was added after their kit :(

DANNY - PH400
Club Member
Club Member

Return to Technical Trouble