[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - S2 Brake problem

S2 Brake problem

Are you having problems with your RS? then ask for some tech advice here.

S2 Brake problem

Postby PeteS2RST » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:52 pm

Bit of background

My car has been off the road for a year and a half but I've just had a new gearbox fitted with a view to getting it back on the road for May.

When the box was fitted we noticed the NSF caliper was stuck but thought it might release after a wee drive (since it had been sat for so long) but no joy.

Took the wheel off and tried to push the piston back (cap off reservoir) but for the life of me it wouldn't budge. Took caliper off with a view to replacing it but when disconnected the piston pushes back easily by hand so caliper is fine.

Noticed that very little fluid came out of the braided flexi hose so took that off too, you can blow through it so seems fine, again noticed little fluid came out the end of the copper pipe. pressed the brake peddle and I got a steady flow but not as much as we expected (I thought it would be pouring out?)

So we hooked everything back up hoping it was just a blockage. cracked open the bleed nipple to push the piston back then proceeded to bleed the brakes by pumping the pedal etc as normal. at first a lot of air was coming out with spits of fluid, did this three or four times and then nothing at all came out at all - no fluid no air.

I think there must be a kink in a pipe somewhere, especially as the abs modulators had to come off the gearbox and stuff was getting moved about in that area.

What I want to know is if anyone every had anything like this and what else could cause it? I'm just trying to rule things out before I start replacing pipes. Will prob end up removing the ABS at the same time if it comes to it.

Cheers in advance.

Peter
PeteS2RST

Re: S2 Brake problem

Postby paul dees » Fri May 03, 2013 1:17 pm

Had that snag years ago removed the abs and all was well .
paul dees
Club Member
Club Member

Postby PeteS2RST » Wed May 08, 2013 7:38 pm

cheers paul im hoping thats all it is. just need to get new pip to go in then.
PeteS2RST

Postby Goafer » Fri May 10, 2013 11:46 pm

Hope disconnecting your ABS works :D

Does seem strange when the NSF is the closest to the servo ?

But when getting my S2 the first thing I done was get rid of the dreaded ABS :)

And changed my servo for standard 1.6 one , which shouldn't work really but does , go figure , Ford's eh :lol:
Goafer
Committee
Committee

Return to Technical Trouble