[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - Probably the best engine degreaser in the world

Probably the best engine degreaser in the world

For all your car cleaning questions and advice embrace your inner bufty

Probably the best engine degreaser in the world

Postby Dereksjoint » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:04 pm

I've spent the last couple of days cleaning the engine bay of the Fiesta again but decided this time that I'd seal and wax it after it was cleaned just to make future cleaning a doddle. I started out using degunk in a spray bottle and a load of cloths but it just wasn't doing that good a job at some of the ground in grime both on the engine and around the chassis legs.

My mate had been banging on for ages out this stuff he has to clean his mountain bike so I asked for a loan of it today. :surprised: This stuff is quite simply amazing, he told me to fill my wee autoglym spray bottle with water and then put 4 or 5 tiny capfulls of this stuff in and give it a shake. I honestly can over exagerate how good this stuff is, it's 100% biodegradable so can be sprayed on everything. I soaked everything in the bay with it engine, panels, samco's, wiring loom, littery everything and the dirt pretty much fell off.

I realise I'm a bit crazy when it comes to cleaning cars :lol: but if you've got bits on your car where you can't shift the dirt or grime this is the stuff to buy. My mate said you'll be able to get hold of it at any good bike shop like Dales in townhead I'm sure it can be found online easy enough too.

It can also be used undiluted for really heavily soiled areas although it costs about £18 for that bottle so I wouldn't be too generous with it :lol: probably better to just alter the mix and stick 7 or 8 cap fulls in.
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Probably the best engine degreaser in the world

Postby davie 3 door » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:07 pm

Good tip Derek, i will give that a try!! :D

"You dont need drink to have a good time!" S Fulton-Mull 2011
davie 3 door
Club Member
Club Member

Postby gibby » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:11 pm

so this is the new mr musle then derek :lol:
gibby
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Dereksjoint » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:20 pm

Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby mikeymikeyp » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:56 pm

thought you were selling that car cossies aint all that m
mikeymikeyp
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Dereksjoint » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:10 pm

Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby underdarkskies » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:42 pm

sounds good might give that a try
Martin - Erin & Caoimhes Dad
fiesta rs1800 and soon to have focus st :D
underdarkskies

Postby Reid » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:43 am

any idea where to get it from locally mate?
Reid

Postby Kevin_Mc » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:23 pm

Dales next to my work if you want me to pick you up some
Kevin_Mc
Club Member
Club Member

Postby swordfish » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:25 pm

chris.
swordfish

Postby Dereksjoint » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:43 pm

I garentee once you start using this stuff you'll never go back to any other degreasing product ;)

I've just got in from putting the Fez up on axle stands so I could lie underneath it and do the bottom of the front bulkhead and the sump ect :lol: My nieghbours must think I'm insane :lol: :confused:

I wish I'd taken some before and after pics but if you buy this stuff you'll know what I mean the first time you use it ;)
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SHIFTY » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:31 pm

SHIFTY

Postby Dereksjoint » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:09 pm

Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Detailing Room