[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - The Importance of Clay Barring

The Importance of Clay Barring

For all your car cleaning questions and advice embrace your inner bufty

The Importance of Clay Barring

Postby Dereksjoint » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:40 pm

If you've never came across this before then your definatley missing out. Claying your car is very easy, takes very little effort and removes pretty much every contaminant on your cars paint work. I've seen it remove tree sap, tar spots, light off spray, metal filings you name it. If your planning on giving your car a coat of wax then clay barring is an absolute must ;)

Heres a Meguires Demo Video on just how easy it is to do

Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Importance of Clay Barring

Postby rs200boy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:52 pm

handy video derek nice one

p.s. you moved to new forum from obsessivly clean to detailing www.ocddetailing.co.uk ???
IMMIGRANT FROM C+E GROUP :D :D
rs200boy

Postby Dereksjoint » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:56 pm

Cheers buddy I was wondering where the site had gone :lol: ;)
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby rspaul1974 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:28 am

will try that out on my next rs 8-)
rspaul1974

Postby Kevin_Mc » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:05 pm

i've clay barred a few cars now and i've always been amazed at the difference it makes and the amount of crap that comes off the paintwork

a definate must for a proper clean
Kevin_Mc
Club Member
Club Member

Postby SHIFTY » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:28 pm

sounds and looks interesting this! 8-)
SHIFTY

Postby Dereksjoint » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:14 pm

I garentee once you've clayed your car you'll never go back. It's a little time consuming but takes away all the effort that you'd normally put in trying to polish out all the wee marks and bits of crap that get stuck to your car. Just takes 2 fingers VERY little effort and bit of time to work your way round the body. Reminds me of something else now that I think about it :P
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kevin_Mc » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:10 pm

Kevin_Mc
Club Member
Club Member

Postby swordfish » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:41 pm

claying is a something ive never tried but always admired and plan to get some mcguires clay kit at the weekend but ,

when do you do the process of claying ?? i currently use the mcguires 3 step procedure so do you clay after the wash ? after the paint cleaner step 1 ? or after the polish section ( step 2) before you put the wax on (step 3)

just curious ???
chris.
swordfish

Postby Dereksjoint » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:58 pm

Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kevin_Mc » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:40 pm

as Derek said - i tend to give the car another quick wash and rinse after i clay it
Kevin_Mc
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Rorycraig » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:45 am

I have been meaning to clay my car, i have dodo juice clay and clay lube at home but never just take they time and i know i really should, will have to give it a go on my first big detail of the year when the better weather returns :P
Rorycraig

Postby jimmyson » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:08 pm

best to do it in the spring after all the crap is off the road
as it strips it back to the bare paint.......
give it a good clay and then a good polish and a coat of sealer...or 2
and that should be a good base to work with till next year
then you can do it all again........ :lol: :lol:
jimmyson
Group Official
Group Official

Postby paul-h » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:25 am

I hate clay, seems to drag the poop collected on the clay back over the paint and causes swirls!! :/
paul-h
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Kevin_Mc » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:24 pm

Kevin_Mc
Club Member
Club Member

Return to Detailing Room