[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - Alloy Wheel and Inner Arch Detailing

Alloy Wheel and Inner Arch Detailing

For all your car cleaning questions and advice embrace your inner bufty

Alloy Wheel and Inner Arch Detailing

Postby Dereksjoint » Tue May 04, 2010 11:03 pm

Well after avoiding it for long enough I decided to spend my Holiday weekend washing,cleaning and waxing the wheels and inner arches of the Fez. I normally give them a good clean at least once a year but decided as I've now turn Uber Bufty to use the good stuff :ugeek:

Heres how the car sat when I started

First job obviously was remove all 4 wheels

Next I spoaked all 4 rims in my Ecotech 2 dilluted degreaser and left them to sit for 5 mins. Then washed each alloy down with a bucket of regular car wash and water and a sponge.

After washing the wheels I used my Chemical Guys Scratch and Swirl remover to polish the paint up and remove all the little marks that the wash left behind. if the wheels had been in a worse state I would probably have clay barred most of the dirt off but as the wheels were only freshly painted the polish was more than enough to do the job.

After the polish I went for a coating of Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 which is truely marvelous stuff by the way ;) I let the sealant cure for about 15 mins before I wiped if off then imediately gave the wheels a coat of Chemical Guys 50/50 wax 8-). To finish off I gave the tyres a lick of Meguiars Gold Class Endurance Tire Gel

With the wheels complete it was time to tackle the inner arches :( A job that I hate but they're too nice to let slip so needs must. Heres how they looked after the wheels came off

Again just like the wheels the first job was to use the degreaser on everything inside the wheel arch. Then again a bucket of water awith some car shampoo and a sponge to wash it down

The plastic inner arch covers on the Fez weren't looking too hot so I used a sponge to apply some Meguiars Gold Class Endurance Tire Gel just to see how it would look and the results speak for themselves 8-)

After everything was cleaned up I went over the inner wings, springs, shocks, calipers and wheel arch sections of body kit with the scratch and swirl remover. Then gave everything a coat of Jetseal 109 and a coat of 50/50 wax just for good measure :lol:

The rear arches were treated to the same treatment of cleaning, polishing , sealing and waxing

With everything now clean and shiney and dirt resistant for many months to come it was time to slap the rims back on.

The end result looks fantastic and I know that for the next 6 months come rain or sun shine the wheels and arches will be an absolute doddle to keep clean with all the new chemical protection.
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Alloy Wheel and Inner Arch Detailing

Postby Kevin_Mc » Wed May 05, 2010 10:46 am

brilliant transformation on the wheels Derek and as you say everything will be easy to upkeep for the next few months
Kevin_Mc
Club Member
Club Member

Postby rs200boy » Wed May 05, 2010 7:49 pm

looks good derek

cannae beat the jetseal love it really easy to work with
IMMIGRANT FROM C+E GROUP :D :D
rs200boy

Postby Goafer » Thu May 06, 2010 11:12 pm

Think you are a sales rep for chemical guys m8 :lol: your only kidding us on your a spark ;)
Goafer
Committee
Committee

Postby Adam-M » Sat May 08, 2010 11:22 am

superb job mate. car looks stunning. 8-)
Adam-M

Postby Kevin_Mc » Mon May 10, 2010 8:18 am

had a good look on Wednesday and it's made some difference mate
Kevin_Mc
Club Member
Club Member

Postby davie 3 door » Tue May 11, 2010 7:12 am

Lookin good derek, i always think a car looks alot better tidyed up under the arches!! ;)

"You dont need drink to have a good time!" S Fulton-Mull 2011
davie 3 door
Club Member
Club Member

Postby caledonia » Mon May 17, 2010 10:57 pm

Professional Detailing Services Covering Central Scotland and beyond.
Professional 1 To 1 training courses.
caledonia

Postby davie 3 door » Tue May 18, 2010 3:29 pm

"You dont need drink to have a good time!" S Fulton-Mull 2011
davie 3 door
Club Member
Club Member

Return to Detailing Room