[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - series 1 4x4 cossy

series 1 4x4 cossy

For all your resto & rebuild Pics.

Re: series 1 4x4 cossy

Postby cutch » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:06 pm

Thanks guys,

Got back at 21:40, made good time coming back up the road,

today we got the headlining done.

Firstly we had to get the windscreen out..

Me and Aly got it nearly all the way out then this happened!!

I'm blaming him cos it cracked where he was holding it! ;)

Then stripped out the b and c pillar trims, door rubbers and sunroof etc.

After

Sorted out the noise that was coming from the drivers front, turned out to be the spring on the caliper, was driving me nuts though. And i made better mounting points for the seat belts but forgot to take a picture.
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:53 am

A couple of proffesional pics from Combe.

Arriving

Leaving!

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:55 pm

Got the nice new bronze tint windscreen in, the guy that fitted it say he wasnt sure if you can get a bronze tint with blue strip, he thought it was only the green tint with blue strip?? I was going to order a bronze/blue but he says it takes a couple of months? anybody confim?

Also finally managed to get my gauge pod fitted properly.

Then i fixed my seatbelts and got onto the fuse box cover and wiper motor cover, its been annoying me that they havent been covered but they dont fit perfectly anymore due to the mods.

Before

Cut down the top bit of the wiper cover

And the fuse box cover now is too high for the wiper arms so cut down that too.

Both in place, tomorrow they will be back all nice and pretty, getting them covered matt black so they fit in and obviously dont have holes!

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:40 am

yesterday fitted these as I kept forgetting.

Still waiting for my wiper motor and fuse box cover to come back, so much for being one day.....

Got my Dalblair of Ayr RS tax disk holder on.

And even put some tax on it too for the first time in many many years....

Need to get some video, I have been out and about in it. Great fun. The looks you get off people and they dont know whats under it.
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:49 pm

interior stuff came back today and i am well pleased.....

I painted the gear stick surround,

Parcel shelf supports have been extended

Put my wrapped fuse box and wiper motor cover on.

Fitted the supports and painted the pop rivets black so they looked the same as fords ones.

Parcel shelf on, its been extended too

you can see it now pivots over and the extended part comes down.

Put on my mates sticker for all the help he has given me, top bloke !

Took out the heater switch as one of the securing tabs was broken and it was doing my head in......£33 from ford though!

Fitted

Interior all back together, i had the seat bases built up with new foam and fixed the hooks underneath. The centre consol has now been extended, covered and i painted it with innotec drak grey to suit.

Tomorrow i have a mint steering wheel coming, all because my sticker was missing on mine! And weld on the new breather.....

Still need a stereo though!
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:27 pm

Welded on the new fitting for the breather

Sorted the wiring on the fuel gauge that hasnt been working......now I have a gauge htat actually tells me how much fuel i have!! Handy on this thing..

Put on my new fuel filler hose

The went and picked up my boy from school......he was chuffed to bits!! and headed over to my dads to take him for a spin, says its the fastest car hes ever been in!

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby mikeymikeyp » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:34 pm

Looking stunning mate and sweet and standard and good job
mikeymikeyp
Club Member
Club Member

Postby cutch » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:21 pm

Empty garage, the Cossy is away to allys to get some issues fixed and a nut and bolt check since I have done a few hundred miles now.

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby turbochargedjjmclure » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:30 pm

Excellent job you've done fella, a credit to you. Hope you enjoy driving it now and don't sell it,haha.
turbochargedjjmclure

Postby cutch » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:52 pm

Every things for sale for the right price!
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby Goafer » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:20 pm

I will double check next time im at the workshop , but im sure (not 100%) i have a stereo spare if its the original push button one your after Cutch , should be back to workshop next week some time .

Oh just a thought , but has Ally not got a barn find of MK3's ?
Goafer
Committee
Committee

Postby cutch » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:02 pm

Got a stereo for it mate, happy with the one that is in it but thanks for the offer.
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:37 pm

Look what arrived today

Nice new radiator that was needed! Should help with the cooling, Airtec pro series 60mm core alloy radiator!

Ally and the boys have been working through some problems,

had an oil leak form the rear crankshaft oil seal so that needed to be changed,

water leak on the front somewhere,

slighty dodgy wire that was dealt with!

nut and bolt check through the whole car,

new radiator,

changed the clutch pedal for me as it was fouling slightly,

all in all a good few things sorted, tomorrow want to check something out on the clutch, still seems to drag slightly when its hot and a weird sucking noise when its on boost???

cant wait to get it back and play!
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:03 pm

New Airtec rad fitted. Amongst other things!

Then I got to play on the way home from Allys, great fun. My boy broke the bloody door lock at home though! Get that another day.

And back inside where it should be in its newly insulted garage, I was busy while it was away at MJ Racing!

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:15 pm

I got a photo book done from the first pics of when I had it 15 years ago right up through the build until my photo shoot.

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby Goafer » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:39 pm

Geessoo that rad is tight :o
Goafer
Committee
Committee

Postby cutch » Sat May 04, 2013 11:36 pm

Right not been on for a while but I have been enjoying some family time as the car is now up and about!

Took it to a local cruise the other night, haven't been to a"cruise" In about 15 years but it turned out to be a laugh. Luckily Gibby came down and joined me so I wasn't Norman no mates, then the beard made an appearance as well as some others!

The car was a hit!

As you can see, can't even see it for the crowds

And the best bit of the night........ Whipping a wannabe on the way home, don't think the boy knew what hit him!
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Fri May 10, 2013 10:37 pm

Got myself a new addition to the fleet!

Had the car cleaned up with the help from Rab aka (shine and show) in glasgow

Rab polished the glass for me as there was still some overspray on them from the first guy!

One of my favourites!

I got some new lights as my ones that I had cleaned up and painted were looking a bit old already!

It would be wrong not to clean once they were out! The before….

Old and new

Tomorrow do the other side and start on the underside! Oh joys!
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby jimmyson » Fri May 10, 2013 11:11 pm

love this car to bit's cutch
but if you'r going to show it you should do you'r own cleaning
thats just my penny's worth mate
love it ! love it ! love it !!!!!!!!
jimmyson
Group Official
Group Official

Postby Goafer » Sat May 11, 2013 12:02 am

Car has a cracking finish and detail Cutch and comes as no surprise to attract the masses :D

Will she be going to West regional day ?
Goafer
Committee
Committee

PreviousNext

Return to Restorations & Rebuilds