[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - 2wd WRC escos track car

2wd WRC escos track car

For all your resto & rebuild Pics.

Re: 2wd WRC escos track car

Postby cutch » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:55 am

Might be pushing it mate but we're going to try.
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:32 pm

Well keep running into wee problems so I really doubt this will be ready for Sunday. Would fkn love it if it was....

Seat in to check position with pedals and steering.

Pedal box fitted with cylinders and trial fitted

Fitted the new tank

Adjustable control arms

And rose jointed track rod ends

And onto the engine which is a std 4x4 engine that is going to be fitted for 2wd and I have some stage 3 bits for it.

One of the little snags!

One of the tabs under the inlet manifold that holds it on has cracked because the brace wasn't on that holds it steady. Going to weld it back on and tidy it up just for now as its only for testing anyway.

4x4 Manifold off, in the process managed to round off 4 of the 8mm bolts that hold it on.

I was going to put a 2wd oil pick up on because I thought a 4wd didn't fit but it does? Plus I didn't know that I needed to change to a 2wd pump which I don't have..

Some bits arrived, looking forward to putting on my quick release steering wheel.

Some fuel lines, thanks Luca.

Laid out the loom to see what Ali needed to cut out, I ain't touching it, terrified I'll cut something we'll need!

Tomorrow need to fit 2wd sump, sort inlet out, seatbelts, and hopefully brake line and fuel system started...
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:12 pm

Gold heat tape in engine bay. Bloody hard to make look neat!

Mounted the harness's and seat properly.

Started on the brake system again now the gold tape is on.

Started to try to fit the battery box, didn't like the position behind the seat so decided to put it flat on the floor in front of passenger, that way it's easy to access for charging etc.
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:53 pm

Mounted the battery

Hydraulic Handbrake

Rear lights in

Header tank mounted , thanks Andy

Had to Heli coil the sump plug as it was knackered

And Ali (Madfezza) started the brake system

Couple of bits missing so will finish it tomorrow and get onto the wiring loom.
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:53 pm

Put my steering bush in, used the same one that Brammer did in his 3door, very happy with it columns solid now.

Next was my carbon door cards and qtrs. the door cars didn't fit right and it turns out there is two patterns? They sent the wrong ones!

The door catch has two shapes this one and a plain rectangle which is the one I need

Rear qtrs didn't fit because the cage but I made a template and cut out the piece that was interfering.

And in.

Ali helping with the windows! Sort of.....

Put the fuel filler in through the window, had a wee problem with a thread but sorted it. Seem to have daft wee problems on everything.

All windows in and fuel filler

From the inside

Well not all the windows, heated screen going in front Monday and bond the rear too.

Having a bit of bother with my hydraulic handbrake one of the connections got a weird thread on it and we can't find the correct fitting.
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:15 pm

Heated windscreen in

Rear bonded I too

Scuttle panel on, just found out all the clips are burst/missing. Back to ford for some more!

Heater matrix in and some vents. The screen ones won't work due to cage

Had to modify the passenger side mount due to cage but it fits

Brake lines secured

Will cover this side with more gold tape and make a shield with more tape

Cut up the wiring loom and used what we actually need. Back end of car is now wired

Started to make a list of all the fuel lines and parts we need. To fill this space but think we will stick it all under the car for noise and smell

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby peterRST » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:21 am

Car is coming together at some pace - looks awesome 8-)

PBS Engineering Ltd - Performance Engines and Motorsport Prep.
Zetec, ZVH and xflow engine building.
PEC Engine Components. KSport Braking Systems. BC Racing Suspension.
peterRST
Club Member
Club Member

Postby cutch » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:40 pm

Took my boy out to see the car, very happy little boy before we went to knockhill with the rest of the troops from MJ racing

Unfortunately the car wasn't ready for its first outing, it was a bit optimistic but I had a back up plan!

Unfortunately Rab had a wee off in one of the escos.

That's where my extra bonnet went! Already well on its way to being fixed.

Routed some more of the wiring down the tunnel

Whipped the head off to fix it, no bad surprises!

Mounted the rear wing

Used rivnuts as well as bonding it for some added security

Put some on the leading edge through the window. Hopefully the window won't blow out going up the straights!

Ali made up the wiring looms for the front headlights.

Made up the heat shield for the brake reservoir.

And put some gold tape on it to keep it looking the same

Fuel fittings arrived this avo so Friday get that done, carbon door cards are meant to be here!! Start on the engine build while Ali finishes off the wiring.
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby andy-mac » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:47 pm

cars looking great cutch :D
andy-mac
Club Member
Club Member

Postby cutch » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:11 pm

Thanks mate

Rab welded on my -6 fitting into my fuel rail

Also fixed my head for me

Before

During

After

Cleaned up the block ready to put head on, forgot to take a pic with the head back on!

Put the 2wd sump back on. Left the 4wd pick up, can't see any reason why it needs changed?? I was told it did though??? Again forgot to take a pic once it was on!

Built up the fuel cradle but I have the wrong size filter piece so Alex at torques is sending me a replacement.

Fitted my bulkhead fittings in the passenger side rear footwell and ran the -6 line to the fuel rail.

Did the same with a -10 to the cradle through the bulkhead from the tank

Ali was fitting the manifold and turbo. Might get the engine in tonight.....
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:58 pm

2wd manifold on

Full set of new belts

Forgot to order a plenum gasket!

Spun the turbo round to suit that I had on my series1

Need to buy a actuator bracket to suit the 4x4 turbo on a 2wd manifold

Engine ready to go in

Wee man helping put it in

And in!!

Also received the cradle parts I needed and built it up ready to install on the car

Nearly there!
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby jimmyson » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:16 pm

getting there now mate..........
jimmyson
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:50 pm

Yeah nearly there

Dash and door cards

Fuel pump cradle mounted

With the help of these bad boys! Love these rivnuts! Makes everything a little neater..

Daft I know but I love em

Then wheels on and out for a wee rinse

Then off to storage while I'm away

Bought a classic additions cover for it , wasn't amused when I found out it wasn't fitted!

Then when to pick up the new addition to the fleet

Back again in four weeks!
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Sat May 09, 2015 9:44 pm

Ali sorted out the rest of the plumbing today, got the water hoses on but have realised I don't have the right size hoses for the intercooler. Got a few more things to buy. Still need a couple more fittings for the fuel lines and he manged to plumb my electric steering pump. Need some more -6 fittings for that too!! Bloody aero quip....

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Tue May 12, 2015 7:10 pm

Took my rotas (going to be wets) down to test them over my 362mm disks cos I read that they wouldn't fit, well they look like they will fit fine I presume it's because I am on a 2wd set up? One problem though, I have long studs and have group A nuts for my comps and they don't fit so I think I need different ones and the bore isn't the same either?

Rear ones don't look to bad with the stretched arches

While I was ducking around with wheels Ali has been busy with the wiring. That's the engine loom, fuel pumps, electric steering (can just see the pump under the dash) all working. Start button should arrive tomorrow with my ignition amp, so it might Fire up tomorrow!

Other fuel lines on

And into a wee bulkhead fitting.

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Wed May 13, 2015 6:54 pm

Ali has nearly finished wiring, just need a start button but the one I ordered turned up was maybe the right size for a noddy car! He's been a busy boy. Navigator footrest mounted too.

Sorry forgot about the power steering will get some better shots when it's all finished for you, hasn't been plumbed in yet.
Tomorrow might get the gearbox in.
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Fri May 15, 2015 8:10 pm

Figured out how to get my remote canisters secure by using a billet motorcycle fork clamps.

Tony, this is some better pics of what we did for the electric power steering, I bought one of these bad boys from ebay

Which I can screw in some -6 fittings, straight into the rack.

The other ends go to my pump, which is wired up independently.

I'm going to go and get the other ends of the hoses from a scrappy and get them joined by the hose guy

Ali also put the start button in and Rab sorted out my centre push for my clutch. Forgot to take a pic.

Getting there.....
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Mon May 18, 2015 5:50 pm

Gearbox is in

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Fri May 22, 2015 8:25 pm

Gearbox is all finished and clutch is done too, the boys down at MJ racing made a custom cradle for the box and plumbed in a centre push hydraulic clutch for me. Feels good! Next is prop shaft, exhaust on and removable steering wheel.

New battery arrived as my old gel battery wasn't holding a charge so it should fire up too!
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:17 pm

Today's the first time I've seen the car running and it sounds good. We have a noisy thrust bearing that will need pulled out at some point but that's it. Ali has put a centre push hydraulic clutch in to suit the Getrag box.

For some reason the front panel didn't allow the morrettes to line up properly, we think it has something to do with the removable front panel that was made. You can see it in these pictures.

So I made some spacers up for them and this is how it sits now.

Also fitted my front towing eye as I think I might need it soon!

Fitted my wets to see how they look in the stretched arches. Mind these are 9 inch wide!

Compared to the tens.

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

PreviousNext

Return to Restorations & Rebuilds