[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - 2wd WRC escos track car

2wd WRC escos track car

For all your resto & rebuild Pics.

Re: 2wd WRC escos track car

Postby cutch » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:34 pm

Sort of, all the fancy ecu, loom and sequential box is going in but the big power engine will be winter/ next year.

Dropped the car off today at Gibbys for paint in engine bay, inside and getting the ends of the spoiler painted.

Don't think he's happy with me! ��

Stripped the engine today,

Before

During, took it out for a blast with the jet wash to get most of the crap of it.

Can't decide whether to paint the block and head or just do the block. I'm swinging towards do everything!!
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:22 pm

Rubbed down the engine today and got it ready for paint

And painted it the same heat proof silver that I did the series 1 in

Also did the exhaust manifold but didn't take a pic!

Will bolt it back together tomorow and see what it looks like
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby boeb » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:07 pm

No red this for a while...stunning build mate
Hahaha keep on laughing
boeb
Club Member
Club Member

Postby cutch » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:26 pm

Thanks Boeb

Built some of the engine back up

Then made a start on the steering rack, bought a manual rack and lower steering u joint. Old 2wd one to come out.

New one in.

And a wee problem! Forgot about that, tracks a bit wider.

So, grinder out!!

Cut 10 mm of each end and voila

Tomorrow I'll get the rest on and start on the fuel system
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:59 pm

i bought a std Sierra lower u jnt as I can't use the cossie one now. As below.

Also tidied up the corner where my brake lines go

Also took the steering column out so I could get the heater matrix back in.

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby BRUFF » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:19 am

LOT OF WORK M8 WHATS YOUR DEADLINE FOR COMPLETION

LOOKING GOOD
BRUFF
Club Member
Club Member

Postby cutch » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:49 pm

The car will be built mechanically hopefully by second week in April, then down south to get it wired up and mapped for me to play when I get back. Can't wait

Tried my spare set of wheels today, these are my wets, can't decide whether to keep them silver, gold or go for a carbon dip on them??

Then started on the fuel cell, cage in.

And replace my std fuel sender for my new fancy one! Had to cut it down to size and was terrified I'd mess it up.

Pipe cutter out and try not to mess up the rod underneath

All fitted in with some mods to the mounting screws

All fitted in the car

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:26 pm

Dunno, just not feeling the silver for some reason, maybe because it's always had dark wheels on??? Well one set have been dropped off at Gibbys to get done in gold while I consider the other ones...

Then I came back to a great big parcel from the Pedders

Which had a bunch of toys in it. Life ecu and dash, the dash is tiny!!!!!!

A bunch of sensors, wheel speed, brake pressure, 3.5 bar map, crank pulley with Wrc trigger, hart inlet, strain gauge gear knob etc etc etc

This is going to be fun
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:27 pm

Today's installment is the battery and fire extinguisher and all mounted with my wee friends rivnuts! Ha I love em, nice and easy to remove anything when I want to clean it all down,

Battery mounted, decided to mount it up on the lip of the rear seat so that I could utilise the space below for the extinguisher. Worked a treat.

Then put in the seat mounts so I could make sure that the extinguisher didn't foul the passenger seat when it was in

Loving the new seats, thanks Gordon.

I also changed all the lights on my trailer to LEDs so I couldn't be arsed putting the footplates in. Catch that tomorrow.
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:40 pm

I had to change the cap screws I put in as I knew they would rust and it would annoy the f**k out of me so I went and got some stainless ones, much better now.

Fitted my passenger footplate which is removable once again.

Made up my fuel lines and put in the filler line. Had to shorten the lines as we have changed the bulkhead fittings. Just waiting for my separators to that I will use a longer bolt on to hold the lines and clamp them down to the car.

Mounted the handbrake

Tommorrow it's time to fit this lot, including the drive by wire throttle?!?!? Ain't got a clue and it has lots of bits!!

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:01 pm

Front brake lines made up

Front wheel speed sensors

Brake pressure sensors made up to fittings to suit the master cylinders

All neat and tidy including the clutch fitting into the tunnel

Handbrake made up and fuel lines tidied up

And I'd like to take all the credit but......

Next Andrew will make up my custom breather set up.
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:32 pm

Andrew got the rear wheel speed sensors and rear brake lines fitted today.

Tried to get the engine finished off today. Exhaust manifold is getting an egt welded onto it so I had to take it off again:headbang:

Dizzy cap because I have coil on plug now.

New temp sensor while I'm at it.

These are the bolts that hold on the power steering pump bracket. Can I get rid of these now I'm not running the bracket/ pump? The ones directly behind seem to have an opening behind that oil can come out from??

Alternator bracket on, couldn't find the bloody long bolt for the alternator though! Ordered one for ford and it will be here tomorrow.

Drive by wire throttle on.

Tried to fit the Hart plenum but the cap screws I had wouldn't hold it correctly without some washers. I am going to try find some decent thicker washers tomorrow.

The rest of the pulleys on.

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby peterRST » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:18 pm

Very nice 8-)

PBS Engineering Ltd - Performance Engines and Motorsport Prep.
Zetec, ZVH and xflow engine building.
PEC Engine Components. KSport Braking Systems. BC Racing Suspension.
peterRST
Club Member
Club Member

Postby cutch » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:03 pm

Thanks Peter

Got my bellhousing blasted to clean off the old paint etc, came up like new, put some lacquer on it to seal it up after.

And my new turbo arrived, thanks Gordon.....again! ;)

Beside the old t35.....

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:49 pm

Today's effort I figured out that I didn't need any washers, I needed to drill out the injector side of the plenum. It still has threads in it and the cap screw was bottoming out and couldn't tighten against it. I'm a tit!!

During this my intercooler turned up.

And all bolted up

Next up, swap out a broken stud, luckily came out easy peasy

Fitted the exhaust manifold again now it's got an Egt in. And fitted the turbo. Came up with a Wee problem though. My oil feed pipe won't fit now as I'm using a bigger turbo on a 2wd manifold from a 4x4 head ?!?!???

Top view

Rear view

Alternator on

And finally swapped the cam cover over quick to have a looksie.

Not to everyone's liking but I like to be different!

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:59 pm

More.... I need a drink!

Thermostat housing on

Sensors too

First problem of the day... Tried to fit turbo hanger and it won't fit with the plugs!!

New studs and nuts for my new turbo that's causing more problems.......

Now my turbos in the way of the water pipe connecting the heater matrix???

Stuff it, fit the engine and figure it out later

Tried to fit the cooler and rad but it's a tiny bit out on one side and not really right. Will need to get the grinder out tomorrow.

When the radiators in the fans are real close, REAL close. Need to source some slim lines

Header tank on and get back on it tomorrow.

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:19 pm

I got the grinder out and shaved a couple of my off the front of the car to fit the cooler in, gave it a wee primer to try keep the rust away

Removed the fans from the rad and rubbed it down for a coat of black paint

While I was waiting for the paint to dry on the radiator and the car I made a bracket to mount my washer bottle

Then I fitted the intercooler, nice wee gap now.

Then tested the radiator fitted ok, can't mount it yet until my slim line fans get here, then the hoses on...

Now the wee gap between the front panel and the cooler is going to house an air scoop like MK's if I can manage it

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:40 pm

Look what's arrived!

Can't bloody wait
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:55 pm

and fuel reg fitted now

Pissed my rail didn't arrive so I could have done the lot in one go.
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:35 pm

You know that lovely paint job Gibby did!????

Sorry Gibby.

I didn't know you had to cut the tunnel to get an elite box in!!

So a new tunnel top has been made to cover it by Andrew Gallacher and Gibby will hit it again when it comes back from wiring.

We bit of paint on it to protect it until then

And while he was there he made a new cradle for it

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

PreviousNext

Return to Restorations & Rebuilds