[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - AFX 558T mk2 grp4... Wilcox powered N/A Cosworth

AFX 558T mk2 grp4... Wilcox powered N/A Cosworth

For all your resto & rebuild Pics.

Re: AFX 558T rebuild (continued)

Postby SHIFTY » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 pm

Cheers lads! will deffo be taking you's oot for a blast when she's up and running again 8-)
Done some more welding again today and waterproofing under the arches.
Just need to finish off the inside of the car where iv done the tubbing on the drivers side, then after that its the axle and 5linking.
Il try keep the pics coming tho ;)
SHIFTY

Postby turbochargedjjmclure » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:13 am

just looked throo yer resto fella! that's lookin the nuts. 8-) 8-)
what color you plannin to do it?
turbochargedjjmclure

Postby SHIFTY » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:57 pm

Thanks mate! :D
She's gona be red again although donno what shade yet 8-)
Seen you and your mates on here look crackin! will need to get a wee photoshoot when there all finished! 8-) 8-) 8-)
Im getting a wee bit held up waiting on parts for her at the mo, although hopefully get em soon....then a can give the mig laldy again! :lol:
SHIFTY

Postby SHIFTY » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:54 pm

Right lads Im back!!! :D :lol:
As you know I havent been able to update you all on the progress on my mk2 as I have been saving up! and been waiting on some parts ....
Today was the big collection day tho!!!! 8-)
Here's what the hard saving and long wait has been for........
As you can see, iv treated my mk2 and myself to a Atlas Axle c/w 4.6 ZF lsd, cosworth discs and calipers with mintex compitition pads etc etc...
Also got some other bits n bobs to keep me busy!...including skid plates for linking, carbon mirrors, Full polycarb window kit c/w sliders etc
So its been a hectic week because before we went down to collect all this gear I had to fit a big diff tunnel ready for the Atlas axle
Heres some pics of the tunnel...
Will keep you's updated on the progress! 8-)
SHIFTY

Postby RSlewis » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:42 pm

nice1 mr shifty that is fookin ace 8-) i had no idea honest 8-) ;) :lol:
ImageImage

CHAIRMAN OF THE ESPARANTO OWNERS CLUB

FOOKIN MAD FOR IT
RSlewis

Postby g.varney » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:50 pm

lookin good bud now get ur fingure out :lol:
Old Fords Never Die, They Just Get F**kin Faster
g.varney

Postby SHIFTY » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:37 pm

Thanks for the reply's lads! 8-) :D ;)
Had a busy productive day again today on the mk2
Finished off my big diff tunnel, fitted extra strengthining gussets to bulhead and chassis, fitted skid plates to rear spring hangers and started to remove rs anti tramp bar brackets - ready for the 4-link boxes to be fitted....heres some pics

Big diff tunnel in:
Chassis to bulkhead gusset:
Welding skid plates on:
SHIFTY

Postby boeb » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:27 pm

cant wait to see this bad boy its gonna be a machine....... :D :D
Hahaha keep on laughing
boeb
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Ade » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:09 pm

Looking good!

You got a plan for when it'll be done by? 8-)
Ade
Club Member
Club Member

Postby g.varney » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:51 pm

lookin good mate :D
Old Fords Never Die, They Just Get F**kin Faster
g.varney

Postby SHIFTY » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:55 pm

SHIFTY

Postby rossco » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:15 pm

any updates on this yet shifty me auld china?????
rossco

Postby SHIFTY » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:22 pm

lol awright Craig mate, To be honest I havent touched the mk2 in a while :roll:
Had to get the wheel bearing done on the saph the other week and been workin away on Goldie getting her ready for the lakes. Also been scraping a wee xr2i at the hoose to make way for a hut that were gona build....its never ending :roll: :lol:
Hopefully start getting some work done on AFX again soon - although iv got to fit a passenger seat, harness and free off the brakes on the track Fez too :roll: ....nightmare man! :lol:
As soon as I get going again il be getting some pics up 8-)
P.s thanks for doin ma quiz on bebo mate! :lol:..... ino it was a tricky question - number 1...as I am the kebab king along with Lewis 8-) 8-) :lol:
SHIFTY

Postby Dereksjoint » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:50 pm

Lookin truley wicked Shifty 8-)

Haven't been lookin for the last few months but what a transformation mate and your new rear axle setup looks fantastic ;)
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby mikeymikeyp » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:39 pm

:D alrighty kid ,you said you would take us a spin in yer mk 2 it might help to convert me to the ford stable if i could have a weeeeeee shot in it " GUESS WHO " heres a clue i dont own a ford YET,,,, just dont tell boeb
mikeymikeyp
Club Member
Club Member

Postby SHIFTY » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:18 am

SHIFTY

Postby RSlewis » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:28 am

alrite mikey, your going ford man deffo before xmas you will own an RS ;) :lol:
ImageImage

CHAIRMAN OF THE ESPARANTO OWNERS CLUB

FOOKIN MAD FOR IT
RSlewis

Postby mikeymikeyp » Thu May 01, 2008 8:25 pm

think it would have to be a track car unless it was a cheap 3 door xmas is only a few months away your going to have a hard job :P
mikeymikeyp
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Foxy » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:14 pm

Taking shape now Shifty, been a while since ive seen this thread, new parts look wicked mate, like the route ur taking with it! 8-)
93 L Reg Saph Cos 4x4....Common As Muck!!!!
Foxy

Postby SHIFTY » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:42 pm

Thanks Foxy 8-) ;)

As you know folks iv not posted pics up in a while :roll: :lol: .....BUT! iv finally got some more for ya! :D
Been a bit hectic over the past few weeks and the mk2 has been sitting patiently waiting on more TLC. So through the week last week I started the 5linking (well 4linking just now, ad the 5th later). You will see in the pics too that the big diff tunnel is in now aswell...
Heres the pics....
1 of the 4link boxes welded in place (alot of measuring took place in this! :shock: ) also had to cut off the RS anti tramp bar brackets to let boxes slide into position 8-)
Got the other one sitting ready to be slotted in place and welded up now 8-)
How she's lookin...
Next thing on the list will be the turrets or mount the axle and slipper springs...will try keep you's updated tho!
cheeRS! 8-)
SHIFTY

PreviousNext

Return to Restorations & Rebuilds