[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - Drift Sapphire - video page 9

Drift Sapphire - video page 9

For all your resto & rebuild Pics.

Re: Drift Sapphire - crash & rebuild page 7

Postby napier » Fri May 20, 2011 8:17 pm

8-) more pics please ade :D
napier
Club Member
Club Member

Postby andy-mac » Fri May 20, 2011 10:48 pm

look like ally and his team have done an excellent job :)
andy-mac
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Ade » Tue May 24, 2011 11:04 pm

And here it is the night it was finished (the night before Norfolk!) .... big thanks to Aly and Craig at MJ Racing.
An awesome job sorted right on time! :thumbs:

Looking cool in the arena

Doin' some skids....

Ade
Club Member
Club Member

Postby SHIFTY » Wed May 25, 2011 8:51 am

Awesome! 8-) :D 8-)
SHIFTY

Postby SUPERALY » Wed May 25, 2011 7:54 pm

LOOKING GOOD ! 8-)
wish id been there on the night
ImageImageImage
If it has TITS orTYRES its TROUBLE
SUPERALY
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Kevin_Mc » Thu May 26, 2011 1:59 pm

i really love tiger stripes!
Kevin_Mc
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Ade » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:07 pm

Progress! I had Chizfab on the case of fitting a set of Rally Design compression struts and adjustable TCAs to the Sierra during the week, then a quick setup thanks to Pete (at Kwik Fit of all places!) to the figures supplied by Hungarian drift guru LeslieDG.

First test today at an SXOC big track Crail day went very well.... much more front end grip and faster self centering on the steering. The car didn't even feel like the same Sierra I had out the week before at Teesside! Much snappier, and the understeer I'd got so used to driving around has completely gone.

Was also managing to get use of more lock thanks to the more responsive steering, so I'm guessing that's where a lot of the extra smoke came from today! :D

Compression strut and adjustable TCA

Pre-setup comedy camber!

Bouncing over kerbs at Teesside last week...

Will get some pix from today soon...
Ade
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Ade » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:30 pm

:D

Ade
Club Member
Club Member

Postby napier » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:58 pm

crackin pics their ade, saw sum ae ur other stuff in the st enoch center on saturday at the lifts very impressive
napier
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Ade » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:57 pm

Ade
Club Member
Club Member

Postby napier » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:57 pm

that 2nd pics a cracker 8-)
napier
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Ade » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:45 pm

Ade
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Ade » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:29 pm

Whooop! Qualified 2nd in my class today at BDC Teesside :D
(Top 16 get to do twin drifting out of around 35 cars in the class)

Just need to keep it all together tomorrow now....
Ade
Club Member
Club Member

Postby jimmyson » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:57 am

good to here ade
and good luck for today........ :D
jimmyson
Group Official
Group Official

Postby Ade » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:48 am

A good weekend overall, just made a mistake in using my absolute best super grippy tyres for the twinning! Had far too much grip for my measly 200BHP so couldn't drive half as well as I had in practice and qualifying. Still managed to knock out Mark Lappage in the top 16 battle and get through to meet Christian Lewis for the top 8.
I knew I could have went much further, but qualifying 2nd and getting into the top 8 is still a massive improvement from Donnington and Norfolk where I didn't even qualify!
Ade
Club Member
Club Member

Postby SHIFTY » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:57 pm

Fair play to ya Ade, well done mate 8-)

Get some skinnier tyres on the rear and inflated to the max :lol:

Whats the craic with that anyway in competition drifting?...do you need to stay the same size front and rear etc?
SHIFTY

Postby Ade » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:29 pm

Ade
Club Member
Club Member

Postby napier » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:57 pm

congrats ade
napier
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Ade » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:43 pm

A little video of my qualifying runs from the BDC @ Teesside which earned me second highest qualifying position in class. :D

http://youtu.be/RDmcFLkI4Lc

Don't have any vids of the twinning, but here's a few photos...

It might look cool, and I held it together, but this moment of going too fast and getting '2 wheels off' cost me the top 8 battle.
Still came in 5th place overall though!

Also there's a 6 page Fast Ford feature out now featuring my drift exploits (mostly based around getting the BDC licence)
Ade
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Drift Sapphire - video page 9

Postby jimmyson » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:29 pm

looking good ade the car lookes to be going well better drifting than the new car did at croft :lol: :lol:
you need to start doing pasinger runs coz i would love a go in that...........
jimmyson
Group Official
Group Official

PreviousNext

Return to Restorations & Rebuilds