[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - custom driveshafts

custom driveshafts

Are you having problems with your RS? then ask for some tech advice here.

custom driveshafts

Postby weeslidy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:23 pm

Hello folks,

Looking to get some custom driveshafts made up.

NOT looking for a place that will cut/pin/weld etc. Looking to get two made up in one piece billet form. Would be fiesta ends (mk5) and st170 getrag inners.

I have heard that you could be talking about the £500 mark for one? Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to go and pricing etc. Maybe some of the track division have had previous experience with this?

Thanks folks!
weeslidy
Club Member
Club Member

Re: custom driveshafts

Postby peterRST » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:16 pm

Hello,

I got a set from Simon at sitech for my getrag 6 speed in my series 2.

I know he can also do ones for the mk3 fiesta rst's so might be worth giving him a shout to see if he can make them up to suit the mk5 fiestas?

Peter

PBS Engineering Ltd - Performance Engines and Motorsport Prep.
Zetec, ZVH and xflow engine building.
PEC Engine Components. KSport Braking Systems. BC Racing Suspension.
peterRST
Club Member
Club Member

Postby weeslidy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:21 pm

Hi Pete,

already spoke with Simon as he had done a bit of work with the management and this is where I got the 500ish figure from.

I know he can sort me with them but just weighing up options and doing my research at present.

Cheers for your reply bud

Ian
weeslidy
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Stu/RS » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:43 pm

Is it equal length driveshafts you're after Ian, to minimise torquesteer in the S2????

I'm sure Phil has some info on these. Not prices but req'd spec ;)
"IF YOU WEREN'T THERE, YOU WONT UNDERSTAND"
Stu/RS
Group Official
Group Official

Postby weeslidy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:48 pm

Alrite mate!

Sorry its not, its for Chris' MK5 fiesta.

Looking to get full one piece items made as the current set-up (mk5 fiesta ends cut, pinned and welded to st170 inners for 6-speed box) has managed to snap at the weld so upgrading before going forced induction.

thanks for your response,

Ian
weeslidy
Club Member
Club Member

Return to Technical Trouble