[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - Problem with my saph

Problem with my saph

Are you having problems with your RS? then ask for some tech advice here.

Problem with my saph

Postby Adam-M » Sat May 16, 2015 1:25 pm

Hi when I bought my 2wd saph cossie it wasn't running too good and I noticed it had been fitted with a pf09 tps instead of the 2wd pf01. So rectified the problem by buying the proper tps and its kinda made the car worse tbh. I read that you need to set the sensor up but for the life of me a I can't find a thread online explaining how to do this, I've only found what the voltages should be.

Any one know how to set the sensor up?

Thanks
Adam-M

Re: Problem with my saph

Postby Adam-M » Sat May 16, 2015 1:30 pm

Just to add its a 4x4 lump but still uses the l6 ecu and wiring loom and the two outside wires for the tps plug don't appear to have been swapped to use the pf09 sensor.

When I start the cossie up it will cut out unless I Rev it, this carries on for about one minute then it will run itself but only at a poultry 500rpm.

Ive read that you can turn the base idle up but I can't see them screw, ive fitted new 071 plugs gapped to 0.6mm. Any ideas to what I should test or replace? Blue water sensor on head? CPS? Ect ect

Adam
Adam-M

Postby andy-mac » Sat May 16, 2015 8:46 pm

idle screw is at the bottom of throttle body prob won't see it for boost hose

if its a 4x4 one will be plane head screw

if its a 2wd will be screw with lock nut

you should remove idle control valve and set idle then reconnect idle valve

there is a screw on ecu for fuel mixture could try turning clockwise to enrich fuel ,only turn small amount
andy-mac
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Adam-M » Sun May 17, 2015 2:56 pm

Cheers Andy I'll give the screw an adjustment when the idle control valve is disconnected and try bring the revs to 900.

I have an AFR gauge when I got it it was really lean, iirc was about 10.9 at idle so now got it about 12.5 just want it running ok before I take it to MSD for mapping

Cheers
Adam-M

Return to Technical Trouble