[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - Got the Fiesta detailed today

Got the Fiesta detailed today

For all your car cleaning questions and advice embrace your inner bufty

Got the Fiesta detailed today

Postby Dereksjoint » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:40 am

I've been putting off detailing the body of the Fez for ages now so I decided to hand it over to my mate to do it :lol: Normally I wouldn't trust any one other than myself to do the job as I'm a bit of a perfectionist :oops: I must admit though the only time I remember the car looking this shiney was after I had the car resprayed 4 and bit years ago 8-)

The car was last washed a few days before our regional day so it was a bit mingin to start with.

Lots of fuel spillage and left over adhesive from the duct tape that I used to stop it spilling out as I went round the Track at Kames :lol:

My recently detailed alloys also looking a bit worse for whare, another casualty of Kames

Washed and dried the car and put it in the unit next to the S1 so it could be clayed ready for the polish

He started with the bonnet using Chemical Guys High Gloss Polish just to give us a preview of the finish

It's a bit hard to make out in this picture but there was quite a difference in the side polished which I didn't really expect :D

Next the rest of the car was taped up and given the same treatment all over

He pulled the plastic roof rails off and gave them a good seeing to

The sunroof also came off and there was a lovely surprise inside :( I had repaired the sunroof locating feet about 6 months ago but must have left some metal shavings in there after I drilled the old feet out

After it had been clayed it looked a whole lot better although the clay was for the bin :lol: This bit of clay started out White :eek:

After the clay it got a rub down with Chemical Guys Scratch and Swirl remover then a coating of Jetseal 109 then 50/50 wax

The windows where all clayed on the outside before getting a coating of Autoglym Glass Polish inside and out

With the full car polished he went back to the start and gave the full car a coating of Chemical Guys Wet Mirror Magnifier Polish, 2 coats of Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 and a coat of Chemical Guys 50/50 wax 8-)

The man himself complete with Chemical Guys T-Shirt and Apron :lol:
You'd never of guessed he was a fan of there products :lol:

I went a bit mad taking pics of the reflections that you could see in the paint :lol: The finished article is fantastic though I'm well happy with the finish on the car 8-)

Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Got the Fiesta detailed today

Postby SHIFTY » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:26 am

:o Jesus!...thats clay gear is the game eh! 8-)
Looks mint Derek, love the look of the wee fez now 8-) 8-) 8-) :D
SHIFTY

Postby AGAR » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:52 am

Looks like he did a great job Derek. It looks immaculate now.
AGAR

Postby Kevin_Mc » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:49 pm

immaculate mate!

well worth the hard work
Kevin_Mc
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Dereksjoint » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:40 pm

Cheers troops well happy with the finished job 8-)

It's the first time I've ever paid for it too :oops: :lol:
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Goafer » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:45 pm

Goafer
Committee
Committee

Postby napier » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:57 pm

man that was just as durty as ma car if no worse, :lol: but what a finish well done that man
napier
Club Member
Club Member

Postby mikeymikeyp » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:00 pm

nice and if you think its shiny itll be nice to see it at meet nite
mikeymikeyp
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Miss Emma_RS » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:47 pm

Looks amazing derek...u must be well chuffed with it :)
Miss Emma_RS
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Stu/RS » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:36 pm

Car's came up well Derek, nice job 8-)
"IF YOU WEREN'T THERE, YOU WONT UNDERSTAND"
Stu/RS
Group Official
Group Official

Postby gibby » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:08 am

cars looking great derek , guess you,ll not need to be polishing it at croft now

just aviod those puddles on the way there :lol:
gibby
Club Member
Club Member

Return to Detailing Room