[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - My Series 1's Transformation and Modernisation

My Series 1's Transformation and Modernisation

For all your resto & rebuild Pics.

Re: My Series 1's Transformation and Modernisation

Postby stormracer » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:19 pm

Looks good, but you must be totally mad lol :lol: :lol:
stormracer

Postby Dereksjoint » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:16 pm

Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dereksjoint » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:02 pm

Well there hasn't been too much progress on the S1 other than it's back at SPL for it's second dip and e-coat. Should have the shell back looking all new in 3 or 4 weeks 8-)

I've been keeping busy myself though sanding more gearbox bits :evil: I did originally plan to paint the gearbox box mounting bracket but after seeing how well the gearbox came up I decided to sand it flat too.

I started by sanding out all of the deep marks on the gearbox mount

Finally after about 6 weeks of persisting I achieved the same level of finish as the box

Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby cutch » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:39 am

some effort going in to it mate. You got the shell back yet?
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby Dereksjoint » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:21 pm

Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby cutch » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:42 am

This is the fun bit!
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby Dereksjoint » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:12 pm

It's been a while since I've seen the S1 shell as I've been working away almost constantly since it returned from SPL but I finally managed to get down to MJ racing today to have a peak.

The boys have been busy sealing the shell again and painting the floor, they have also had to perform some repair work to some of the panels.

Ali @ MJ said he was a bit shocked at the condition of the body panels on it's return from SPL seemingly there were several dings around the car that were not there when it went down. I haven't contacted SPL as I know they will most likely deny all responsibility and blame the e-coating company or the transporter but after the fortune I paid them I would have thought that my car would have been treated with a bit more respect.

John the panel beater @ MJ had repaired all the panels before I got to see the damage otherwise I probably would have photographed the damage and sent them a email looking for an explanation :evil:

Anyway here's how the car looks at the moment.

All in all I'm very happy with how the shells looking, it's as close to being a new shell as humanly possible in my eyes.

Work will be drawing to close now over the winter as my funds have been seriously depleted getting the shell to it's current condition so it will be the New year before it gets some diamond white.
Dereksjoint
Administrator
Administrator

Postby peterRST » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:58 am

Sorry to hear about the damage Derek, might be worth asking SPL if they have a record of when it went out (like shipping video or photographic evidence) of when it gets handed over to the courier? it's a shame that had to happen as its looking tremendous now! 8-) 8-)

PBS Engineering Ltd - Performance Engines and Motorsport Prep.
Zetec, ZVH and xflow engine building.
PEC Engine Components. KSport Braking Systems. BC Racing Suspension.
peterRST
Club Member
Club Member

Previous

Return to Restorations & Rebuilds