[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

West of Scotland RSOC • View topic - 2wd WRC escos track car

2wd WRC escos track car

For all your resto & rebuild Pics.

Re: 2wd WRC escos track car

Postby Kevin_Mc » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:16 pm

feck me, this thing is amazing cutch
Kevin_Mc
Club Member
Club Member

Postby cutch » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:00 am

Cheers mate
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:08 am

Some finishing touches before we leave. Still loads to do but enough to run it round the track

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:00 am

Arrived down at Will Pedleys haunt!

We arrived pretty late so we stuck the trailer with car straight into the dyno cell and the rest of customers cars etc in the workshop. Will had a wee look over and got ready for the morning

Hopefully everything will be ok this morning on the rollers
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:10 am

Getting set up.

When in Rome...........get the van mapped!! :top:

First run

And a boost leak!
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:14 pm

Well I didn't plan on coming back to Blackpool!!!!

All for this, many thanks to the guys at Motorsport Developments for writing a chip for me on very very short notice, turns out who ever sold me their "stage 3 package" didn't have the correct chip and it was a stage 1!! Not amused

So back to AET and try it out,
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:49 pm

Well it made 355 on the rollers but it's a little lean at top end. We think the heads slightly ported though so this would account for that?! Sadly the clutch gave in so castle Combe is a no go for me. What to do? Get a hotel and go on the pee with Mr Pedley!! :dunno:
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:12 pm

Got the exhaust heat wrap on today while the boys were sorting the gearbox

Put my plate on it, can't find the pic.

And got the other cars ready for the Scottish car show
The fiesta is back together and will hopefully be gracing the tracks again soon

The road escos

Started loading the cars including the Ultima

And took the lot to Ingliston show ground

And went back for the series 1

My old saph was sitting beside my two when I got back!!

And I forgot to take a decent pic of the Ultima for you!

So you'll need to make do with a proper pic

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby Kevin_Mc » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:32 pm

Ali's Escos is stunning, i'd buy that in a minute if i had the cash.

Didn't know you had a Magenta Saph, i thought it was just the silver one
Kevin_Mc
Club Member
Club Member

Postby cutch » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:28 pm

Didn't have it long, someone offered me more money than I bought it for so it was a no brainer
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:29 pm

I went and bought this.....

So I could get the electric power steering out of it

Which turned into a nightmare of a job to do, had to get the grinder out!

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:29 am

A wee shot from yesterday at Ford Live @ Knockhill

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:09 pm

had a few teething problems!

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:42 pm

Right things are moving again. Ordered the ecu and dash!

Went for life racing, syvecs big brother. Basically I'm building this to be ready for anything later on. So this ecu will do the lot and I mean the lot!

Life Racing F88RS ECU
http://www.liferacing.com/wp-content/do ... 0F88RS.pdf

Plex SDM-500 Dash
http://www.syvecs.co.uk/products/displays/plex-dash/

Once this lot arrives I have some jobs to do and then I am taking the car down to sileck motorsport to have a custom loom made for it. Then start saving for the engine!
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:27 pm

Fire extinguisher system is here, now to decide where to mount it

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:03 am

Latest update

Got some new seats as the others were a bit tired

The car got a wee mention in fast ford.

Put her winter boots on.

And in its new home while I get the next few jobs done

Stuck the tens on the front to have a look

Door off to get better access

To get the dash out!

So I can remove the old wiring

And out of the car, now to clean it all up and prep some bits for paint

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:55 pm

Stripped all wiring, hoses, rad and intercooler from engine bay

Got the car up on its stands

To get the exhaust and prop off

Found a broken mount for the back box in the process

Tomorrow maybe get the gearbox and engine out. Then I can get some decent pics for you ossie cossie!!
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:31 pm

Got my rocker cover and the breather bits bead blasted so I can paint them and hydro dip the rocker

Took off the gearbox mount

And took the lot out

Mounted the engine on the stand ready to prep

cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby cutch » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:25 pm

Have you ever got to that point where you think feck it and rip everything out to start again! Well that's what happened today, i was trying to clean up the interior and it just wasn't happening. So a wee call to Gibby and the cars going over to his to get smoothed out inside, all the wee holes filled up etc and repainted. So all the brake lines, seat runners peddle box, hand brake, fuel lines etc all came out.

Then I had to get rid of all the fuel in the tank that i had filled up for the last track day! Hard to do with no loom in the car, rigged up the buttery charger to the terminals and pumped it out.

Then an empty shell again

And I finally got a boot lock and clip to hold it in, you wouldn't believe the hassle I had in finding one. Made my day being able to fill that bloody hole in the boot up!

Tomorow the cars going to Gibbys so we can check out some stuff
cutch
Group Official
Group Official

Postby peterRST » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:12 am

Aye sometimes it's easier to get everything out and take a step back :) is this the start of the big power build? 8-)

PBS Engineering Ltd - Performance Engines and Motorsport Prep.
Zetec, ZVH and xflow engine building.
PEC Engine Components. KSport Braking Systems. BC Racing Suspension.
peterRST
Club Member
Club Member

PreviousNext

Return to Restorations & Rebuilds